TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Lady Gag Me may indeed be a man, as is Man~Chelle the First "Lady"...:p But Jong inventing Burgers????? Now that is just down right wrong!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jong a 300 bowler, also an amazing golfer.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's death was noted on Twitter as an epic loss to golf, with hundreds recalling the Stalinist state media's reports of Kim's 11 holes-in-one in a single round in 1994.

Reports hailed Kim's 38-under par 34 over 18 holes at the 7,700-yard (7,041m) Pyongyang Golf Course in his first try at golf, a feat watched purportedly by 17 security guards protecting the man hailed as 'Dear Leader'.

Kim, who died on Saturday of a heart attack at age 69, was 52 at the time he purportedly fired a round where birdie was his worst score on any hole.

Twitter sceptics wondered whether or not Kim might have tried to surpass such stars as Tiger Woods or reigning English world number one Luke Donald had he truly gone 21 strokes below the best score from a US PGA golfer.

"Look at it this way: with Kim Jong Il dying, everybody will be moving up one spot in the world golf rankings," noted Dan Daly in a Twitter posting.

Others pondered the golf showdowns that never happened.

"Kim Jong-il's passing means Luke Donald is now indisputably golf's world no.1," tweeted John Mackay.

"Congrats Luke. Just a shame it wasn't settled on the course."

"Golf world mourns the passing of the prodigious world leader never to win a major," tweeted Shaun Hinds.

Even Paddy Power tweeted: "The world has lost a golfing legend, we're 1,000,000/1 for any PGA player to beat Kim Jong Il's record round of 38 under."

Some saw hope for Kim from beyond the grave.

Rick Reilly posted: "Just in from North Korean state news agency: Kim Jong Il's corpse shoots 54, incl 6 aces."

Nick Howell pondered what might have been, saying his record round "Could've been even better if his ball hadn't stuck under the windmill on the eleventh."

Alistair Barrie was shocked there was not more mention on golf websites, noting: "No one seems remotely concerned that the world's greatest golfer has died."

"With passing of Kim Jong Il, sports world may have lost greatest golfer of all time," tweeted HuffPost Sports.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick Howell pondered what might have been, saying his record round "Could've been even better if his ball hadn't stuck under the windmill on the eleventh.
Hilarious! Wait, what am I saying? The whole thing was hilarious.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
They say ignorance is bliss so North Koreans must be very blissful. I wonder if these people really believe the dogma and propaganda they are taught and thus are content, this lady seems to be. I tend to believe they are too afraid of punishment for independent thought.
This rekindles my appreciation for free speech and makes me very glad to live in America.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Well He does need something to go along with all his cheese. Also I wonder how that young lady would feel if she knew that an American thinks she's cute?

·
Registered
470 Posts
In a totalitarian nation fear of punishment works to control people's very thoughts. Here in America they use diversions to lull people into a dream like state so that the government propaganda news stations (all of them), and a progressive educational system can teach you the proper things you must know to be a good comrade. Still I am glad to live in America, but I sure wish the sheeple would wake up before it turns ugly here as it did in NK.
You reminded me of this:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think both Authors had an amazing ability to imagine the future. We haven't fully arrived there but like being on a train to your destination, you know where you are heading.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is an interesting mini documentary done by Vice on HBO regarding North Korea. Everything is smoke and mirrors. They went on a government sanctioned tour of a university to show how progressive North Korea is. In one scene they are lead to a group of "students" in a computer lab. They are basically all sitting in front of computers with pictures of the internet on them and no one is doing anything on them other than randomly hitting keys! Scary how much government controlled media and lack of internet access can have on a group of people. I think somewhere near 80% of the county does not even have electricity.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think you guys are forgetting the most important bit here. We need to give Kim Il his due. I mean, how much would life suck without hamburgers? I love hamburgers.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Just finished one. Thanks Kim.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Dog is like any other meat. It's pretty good if you know how to cook it. So is cat but the meat is a little stringy.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
In Soquel California, decades ago, I ate a neighbors old rooster once when I got tired of being woke up so early everyday. I think he was blind and just thought it was morning since he would start up at about 3 every morning. He was old, tough, and stringy too, had to boil him longer than I would have for a chicken and it didn't help much. The neighbor thought a cat got him.... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts