TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday took a fine little evening trip up king river/ruby lake trail out near sutton. Fine sunny day with woodsmoke in the air from forest fires abbout 200 miles away. Gorgeous country and a nice dry trail since its been like 3 months since weve had any real precipitation. Chain came off a few times since it and my rear sprocket are past their useful life, but other than that it was just miles and miles of neat trail and endless vistas once you get above treeline.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video, and editing. Are you using a GoPro? Thanks for posting.

Shot with a gopro 3 Black, edited with windows moviemaker. Kind of a lazy attempt at a film, trail wasnt super conducive to first person filming, and I was just feeling unmotivated to fiddle around with filming much. Still a fun trip.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
You are too modest Tiny-Wheel-200. As always your videography is impressive and entertaining.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another great vid, Tiny-Wheel! Your bike looks amazing (and appears to handle pretty darn well too!) with that TWW mod, well done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Way cool. I'm in Soldotna for the summer just a stones throw from the fire. Took my Tdub to the Kasilof River and latched into a nice 8lb. steelie.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike has been ridden pretty hard last few months, and I havent really kept up with maintenance. Chain and sprocket is shot, airbox has a puncture hole, headlight is held on with a bungee, needs a new rear tire, foot brake is bent, fender needs painting, needs an oil change, and on and on. Really shouldnt be riding it, but cest la vie. The Z forks and custom banshee shock really make that a much kinder bike to be on top of. Nine + inches of travel front and rear.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Way cool. I'm in Soldotna for the summer just a stones throw from the fire. Took my Tdub to the Kasilof River and latched into a nice 8lb. steelie.
Hey, theres a couple really long beach rides I want to do in the next little bit near homer and K Beach. They are both 50 miles roundtrip each. If you have some free time and are interested, let me know.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just left Soldotna when the fire started. Saw the first puffs of smoke across the inlet and watched as it grew then started for Ninilchik and saw the fire going the other side of Soldotna. Left as I had to catch a plane south, was afraid they might close the highway. That fire was really gaining ground. Hopefully it won't take out too many cabins down in that beautiful valley. Hope to get back up soon. Sure miss my place up there. Will try to catch up with you two when back up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts