TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been there? This place is very close to my house. We used to have family picnics and ride dirt bikes and sleds across it decades ago. A tornado took the middle down in 2003.

Here is the website. https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/FindAPark/KinzuaBridgeStatePark/Pages/default.aspx

Anyway, they got a grant and built a very expensive Manned Visitors Center recently with a Skywalk and all the bells and whistles to go with it.

I just recently found my way out to the other end of the bridge and was very excited to find it because it's been about 45 years since I was there!

After looking at Google Maps and Earth, I decided that I had to find my way to the bottom of the valley, down where the wreckage is.

Here is a vid I took down to the bottom. When I got there, I figured it was a good idea to get back out!

When I watched the vid on my pc, I noticed the knocking noise from the front end on my Dub. The camera is clamped to my left turn signal.
I can't seem to find the source of this knocking. I searched and found some info from the old site, but I checked all that stuff and all is good.

I'll put some more vids and pics up of the area soon!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As you can see. The area in not very well traveled. Maybe people aren't suppose to be out there on TW's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nice. Love Urban and Rural exploration especially old railroads. Abandoned missile bases too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts