TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I just checked to see what I used, Yamaha oem. I also have a question. Are the front and back brake drum pads the same? I know on a car these are brake shoes. I changed the back pads once and the front ones never. The only issue I had with the drum brakes was that they would stick when it was damp out and would grab until the moisture was gone. I put a small dab of antiseize on all the pivot points and I never had another issue.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The brakes on my 93 TW would stick and I would have to put my toe under the pedal and lift to release them.
I put new shoes on and twas okay for another year then same thing. The problem was the drum was worn to a bigger diameter
And I had to get a new hub to fix the problem. High milage TW owners take note.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked to see what I used, Yamaha oem. I also have a question. Are the front and back brake drum pads the same? I know on a car these are brake shoes. I changed the back pads once and the front ones never. The only issue I had with the drum brakes was that they would stick when it was damp out and would grab until the moisture was gone. I put a small dab of antiseize on all the pivot points and I never had another issue.
Thanks, the back brakes were sticking a little, the bike just turned 30,000km last month. I will add antiseize on all the pivot points and switch back to OEM on my next set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts