TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to give the TW a rest this weekend and took the KLR on a ride to search some new riding areas. Ended up at Bobell Hill State Forest, about 55 miles from home. Found some trails that were more suitable to the TW and a few trails that I dared to venture on with the KLR. Meandered around the area for awhile and saw some of the state of NY I've never seen before. 150 miles total when I got home.

Bobell.JPG

scene.JPG

Never seen a sign like this in NY, they usually say, "No Motorized Vehicles Past This Point"
truck trail.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Is it just me or are you a little more cautious on the KLR? Is it not as sure footed as the TW? I love that bike but it is just too damn tall for me.

Tom

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just me or are you a little more cautious on the KLR? Is it not as sure footed as the TW? I love that bike but it is just too damn tall for me.

Tom
Haven't done much riding on the KLR since I bought the TW, so I'm definitely more cautious. More power, more weight, and skinny tires, compared to the TW, plus it feels like I'm sitting a foot taller. On the positive side, it went down the paved parts of my trip at 65mph with power to spare.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Haven't done much riding on the KLR since I bought the TW, so I'm definitely more cautious. More power, more weight, and skinny tires, compared to the TW, plus it feels like I'm sitting a foot taller. On the positive side, it went down the paved parts of my trip at 65mph with power to spare.
And that is what I am looking for. I have by no means changed my opinion of the TW it is awesome. However after many 100+ mile days even one or two 200 mile days I know that another bike will join the TW in my garage. I have just about set my mind on the Honda cb500x as the best alternative. Any thoughts on this bike. All of the reviews have been really positive.

Tom

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that is what I am looking for. I have by no means changed my opinion of the TW it is awesome. However after many 100+ mile days even one or two 200 mile days I know that another bike will join the TW in my garage. I have just about set my mind on the Honda cb500x as the best alternative. Any thoughts on this bike. All of the reviews have been really positive.

Tom
I didn't even know what the CB500X was until I just "Googled" it. Honda does have a reputation for reliability.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I didn't even know what the CB500X was until I just "Googled" it. Honda does have a reputation for reliability.
They also have their own forum I joined but the forum sucks comparatively. There are several guys who have put 80/20 tires on them and say they are fantastic on the seasonal roads so long as they are close to grade.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts