TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

KLR Ride Today

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JerseyJeeper 
#1 ·
Just a short 105 mile ride today on the KLR650, butt's still sore from yesterday's 180 miler on the TW. Drove to Pharsalia, NY looking for some more off road adventures.

Grassland Pasture Natural environment Plain Land lot
Body of water Water resources Water Lake Reservoir
Natural landscape Nature Water resources River Wilderness
Natural landscape Natural environment Freshwater marsh Nature reserve Vegetation

See less See more
#2 ·
Aaahh, Taking the Caddy out for a roll today, Huh? LOL! Last weekend I rode with another KLR buddy here but I was on my TW. The short wheel base an choppier ride made me think my '08 KLR rides somewhat like a Caddy comparatively speaking. Longer wheel base and travel seems to help out.

Yeah, I cheat on my TW too by riding other bikes. You'll have days like that.....

We are flipped on years I notice. You ride newer TW's than your KLR and My Gen 2 KLR is newer than my TW. Still all about the same no matter how you cut it. Have a nice ride!

#5 ·
BINGO! The KLR is too big and heavy of a bike for my vertically challenged azz to do any real off road on. TW, Now that's another story. IMHO fro me it's a better woods / trail bike than my XR 200 was and that was an excellent single track tight space bike. Here we don't have the vast wide open spaces like out west. Plenty of space but it is all filled with trees and plenty of other obstacles.

#4 ·
Thanks for posting. It's always cool to see others' little pieces of the planet (espec. when motorcycles can be ridden there!) :)

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.