TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the before and after pictures of my 95 KLR650. I was really getting tired of the "Malibu Barbie" look and the questions from my co-workers about possible "gender identity" issues. :p

Before
dscn7799.JPG

After
dscn7804.JPG

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
You can now stand up to pee again.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
HUGE improvement! How do you like that KLR? I need something a bit bigger too. Putting way too many miles on the TW.

Tom

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HUGE improvement! How do you like that KLR? I need something a bit bigger too. Putting way too many miles on the TW.

Tom
It's a decent reliable bike. It is heavy and tall which makes it for me less trail worthy than the TW but is great on back roads and is WAY more comfortable on the highway. 60mph is about 4,000 rpm and top speed is in the 95-100mph range. 6.1gallon tank, I can usually go about 250 miles until reserve. I bought this new and now have 26,000 miles on it with just the normal maintenance parts needed. The newer versions have more of a fairing on them and better suspension but is still the same basic bike.

I think a black seat cover will make it look better yet.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
It's a decent reliable bike. It is heavy and tall which makes it for me a less trail worthy than the TW but is great on back roads and is WAY more comfortable on the highway. 60mph is about 4,000 rpm and top speed is in the 95-100mph range. 6.1gallon tank, I can usually go about 250 miles until reserve. I bought this new and now have 26,000 miles on it with just the normal maintenance parts needed. The newer versions have more of a fairing on them and better suspension but is still the same basic bike.
My biggest gripe is with Kawasaki. I cant find a single model that I like that I dont require a ladder to get on.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts