TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of AlpineStar Tech3 boots and I need knee pads. The ones I have now are knee/shin and I can't use them because they extend into the boot. There are so many choices so I thought I would ask you guys for help finding knee pads that work with MX boots.
Rick

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a pair of football pants with pads. Come with knee, thigh, hip and tail bone pads. About $35.00. I wear those under a pair of BDU trousers for hard and heavy trail riding.
Thanks I'll check them out.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Are you using riding pants or denim ?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don't believe in knee pads, or any body armor.....armour. That stuff is used by people that plan and intend to fall down. ;)

Oh, BTW...I am being serious. :mad:
So, with this logic I don't need to wear a helmet! I don't intend to fall down and need this item either! However, I probably should wear it, mainly for the things I didn't plan or intend on happening! I've seen your story of the lightning strike out on the freeway!

Besides this stuff might help. You may not like to wear it, but as long as someone doesn't feel invincible, there could be a time it's needed. One time when I was wearing my shin/knee guards, they come in handy when I tripped over the rock on my way back from peeing. I was able to role over and go to one knee as I helped myself up. :D Anyone kneel on a rock or uneven ground and it not feel good.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
The guy should take the helmet off his shelf and give it to you!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure what's more restrictive then MX boots. The AlpineStar boots do have soles that do flex a bit. I'm getting ready to take my first ride wearing them. I'll update in an hour or so.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
When I'm all padded up I feel a little closer to indestructible. I still hurt when I fall. But somehow, when I have all the gear on, I seem to have a little more self confidence, a little more ego, a little more "go for it". I don't seem to fall as much with this attitude.

Edited to add this attitude is only OFF ROAD. I would never have an attitude on pavement. No win.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Gee...I would rather have a brand new helmet...one of those new $ 900.00 units, with all the fancy graphics, to use while on the TW.

I have enough "street" helmets...all Arai. And I don't need the crispy friend one back.....smells like burned hair and skin :eek:
Mike I was thinking if your Butt did not have layers and layers of calluses to insulate you from the Lightning finding ground it could of killed you!

it probably would of killed a Harley rider.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
This one? 11422349_10205613841097424_1793060546_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
This one?

Or this one?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't believe in knee pads, or any body armor.....armour. That stuff is used by people that plan and intend to fall down. ;)

Oh, BTW...I am being serious. :mad:
Well, how about black Carhart carpenter jeans ? Double butt, double knees, and sleeves for knee pad foam. You would be styllynn:cool:.

regards, MAC

1 - 20 of 46 Posts