TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not know this about this gas pack. It has a "no-spill" spout. You have to pull a slide back to open a valve.

The green collar is the locking mechanism. Twist to align the slots:

Slide it down and hold (seems like it will be a bit aggravating):

Here's how it works. This valve remains closed unless you're pulling that collar back:

Open:

I don't know whether to be fascinated or annoyed...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have that exact same sprout on a 2 gallon can and cannot stop it from leaking where the spout conects to the can itself! I have given up and take the spout off and pour straight from the can....frustrating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Simple fix. You can buy a "water only" spout which has a vent and no stupid leak proof valve. Works excactly like the cans of onld only they cannot sell the spout as for use on "gas cans"

http://www.rotopax.com/Self-Venting-Spout.html

is a direct link to the spout to buy. They also sell the seal between the spout and the can that is thick and good quality.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What a world we live in. The new spouts designed to not have leaks --- I challenge anyone to transfer fuel with the new spout with out spillage.

While the old style which are no good, can transfer fuel easily with out leakage.

Progress!!!!

I have the water type spout on a Rotopax and it works great.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What a world we live in. The new spouts designed to not have leaks --- I challenge anyone to transfer fuel with the new spout with out spillage.

While the old style which are no good, can transfer fuel easily with out leakage.

Progress!!!!

Great advice! This is not a progress or improvement issues - this is the government here to help us again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The spout is a major pain, and they are on everything now, even my 1 gallon can, and the Rotopax cans as well. You will absolutely get gas all over your hands, and the only way I got mine to not leak was to do the twist and pull maneuver while screwing it on. More gas on hands. It's a good thing somebody is watching out for us, or we would just pour our gas into our tanks like we have done for decades.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The spout is a major pain, and they are on everything now, even my 1 gallon can, and the Rotopax cans as well. You will absolutely get gas all over your hands, and the only way I got mine to not leak was to do the twist and pull maneuver while screwing it on. More gas on hands. It's a good thing somebody is watching out for us, or we would just pour our gas into our tanks like we have done for decades.

Amen.

·
Registered
124 Posts

While the old style which are no good, can transfer fuel easily with out leakage. Progress!!!! I have the water type spout on a Rotopax and it works great.

Our government's philosophy: If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeh

I bought a couple of 1 gal gas cans and they had these sealing spouts but they have to leave them hanging out

We don't do politics by I have been convinced for 40 years that clean is not the real agenda

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

Progress!!!!

Are the white water tanks made of the same material as the red gas tanks? I was just wondering if you could buy the water tank with its standard spout and use it to carry fuel?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are the white water tanks made of the same material as the red gas tanks? I was just wondering if you could buy the water tank with its standard spout and use it to carry fuel?
I believe it is the same material but it might not be as thick - although I doubt it. You cannot legally carry fuel in a non approved can in California, and likely in other states. Here is what the CA Air Resources Board regulation says:

2.2 Color

Portable fuel containers shall be color coded for specific fuels:

a) Gasoline – red;

b.) Diesel – yellow; and

c) Kerosene – blue.

Each portable fuel container must have identification markings on the

container and on the spill-proof spout.

a) Red containers shall be permanently identified with the embossed

language, or permanent durable label “GASOLINE” in minimum 34-point

Arial font or a font of equivalent proportions.

b.) Yellow containers shall be permanently identified with the embossed

language, or permanent durable label “DIESEL” in minimum 34-point

c) Blue containers shall be permanently identified with the embossed

language, or permanent durable label “KEROSENE” in minimum 34-point

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

If anyone has both,look on the bottom of the cans and read the numbers/or characters etc.....it has to be listed....those numbers/ characters dictate what the unit will tolerate( no rhyme intended)hence...what the material is......no different than a soda bottle or water bought at the grocery in gallon jugs!...it has to be listed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts