TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is official. Krator foot pegs are the best foot pegs in world. Nobody should buy any other foot pegs than Krator foot pegs. Everyone should put Krator foot pegs on their TW 200's. The left one was nothing (a little grindng and WD40 on my pin on the way back through.

The right side required grinding out the hole in the peg and grinding the edge of the peg to allow for travel. The spring went right in without any issues. A little WD 40 and the spring action is excellent.

I want to thank the forum member that told me about these pegs and gave me the heads up about the right peg being a pain in the keister, but entirely worth it. For less than $20.00 you too can have the best foot pegs in the world.

MBW

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These are not aluminum, but drill like a hot knife through butter. I had to drill out the holes to line up with the holes in the TW mounts. I then had to shave the peg in the grinder to get the peg to move up and down. The spring (as I heard would be a problem) was not the slightest bit problematic. It lined up perfectly and with a little WD 40 gives perfect up-down action. There is no doubt that they will break off before the mount on the bike feels any stress which is the upside to $20.00 pegs being built like $10.00 pegs, but I like the extra real estate. The install was a good couple of hours as I drilled and grinded in degrees until I got where I had to be. MBW

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just put a set of Krator pegs on my TW also. Yes they are nice for standing up but honestly I am on the fence as to weather they are staying or not. I do alot of nasty trails and I find if I have to dab it takes longer to get my foot down. Also I find they are so wide I get hooked on more stuff oh and they look kinda cruiserish :-(. Going to ride them a bit longer before I make that decision.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the "DUPE" thread, there was reference and illustration as to a need to drill a hole in the peg for the spring. My spring went right into the hole in the peg and with a little coaxing from a punch as an alignment tool, the spring was no issue and no hole had to be drilled for it, nor did I have to trim the spring. The only drilling was to line up the holes in the peg with the TW mounts and the grind for the travel.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I got some off ebay, not sure the brand but I just bent or snipped the spring, no hole. On tho other peg the mounting pin hole was too small so I had to drill it a tad bigger. I still need to shave a little metal off so they fold in more. They don't have the inward travel of the stock ones. In a fall this could cause a bend if not modified. Well worth the little I paid for them. I think less than $15.00, cast iron.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ken: You sound like you got the exact same pegs I did. With very little effort on the bench grinder you can get travel. Give it a shave and I am sure you will have every bit the travel of the factory peg. Stay away from the bottom edge and do it a few sparks at a time. I am not a metallurgist. These pegs are too hard to eat, but too soft to take a good hit. On the other hand, the TW mounts are safer than ever. After your fall you have to go good for another $20.00 and you will have a peg left over for when you fall on the other side. MBW

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Reactions: turbodieseli4i6
1 - 20 of 34 Posts