TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I've just sprayed all the plastics with Krylon Fusion ultra flat black cammo paint and I'm really pleased with the results. However, I'd like to give it some protection but not lose the flat finish. So I wondered if anyone had used Plastikote Clear Matt Acrylic Sealer on it? Is it compatible? Is it a good flat, matt finish?
Thanks
Mick

·
Super Moderator
17,639 Posts
That's good paint. You could test it on an spot underneath somewhere to see?
Gents,
I've just sprayed all the plastics with Krylon Fusion ultra flat black cammo paint and I'm really pleased with the results. However, I'd like to give it some protection but not lose the flat finish. So I wondered if anyone had used Plastikote Clear Matt Acrylic Sealer on it? Is it compatible? Is it a good flat, matt finish?
Thanks
Mick
***and we'll want pics of course... :p

·
Super Moderator
17,639 Posts
Sneak it in the house? After all, it's only a "little" spot...hehe :D
Yep, that's my next job then
Only problem is it's getting a bit cold and damp for spraying now.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I agree with Grewen. I really like Fusion paint and use it for a lot of stuff. One thing was a huge/loud truck horn I put on my Victory bagger - it was red, I painted it satin black with Fusion 2 1/2 years ago (30,000 miles) and it still looks great. I waited about 3 weeks for it to cure fully and then waxed it - stuff lasts well.
I think any clear coat will make a glossy or at least semi-gloss finish.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sneak it in the house? After all, it's only a "little" spot...hehe :D
Just brought mine in last night. Down six stairs. I’m waiting for him to fall asleep for hibernation before I tear him into a million pieces.

Good thread - paint is on the list.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,639 Posts
Can we get a front view of the windshield? Digging your bike bro!! :D
Just brought mine in last night. Down six stairs. I’m waiting for him to fall asleep for hibernation before I tear him into a million pieces.

Good thread - paint is on the list.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts