1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
976 Posts
Being KTM, they just MIGHT, MAYBE...actually keep the wet weight down to something half way decent.
That'll make loading it into the truck for trips to the repair shop nice and easy! ;)

But seriously, it does sound interesting. KTM can really push the limits of performance like nobody else. I'm not sure I would trust one as a travel bike, but I look forward to seeing what they can bring to the 800 ADV market segment.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That'll make loading it into the truck for trips to the repair shop nice and easy! ;)

But seriously, it does sound interesting. KTM can really push the limits of performance like nobody else. I'm not sure I would trust one as a travel bike, but I look forward to seeing what they can bring to the 800 ADV market segment.
Well said ;)

If they give it typical KTM chassis/suspension, etc., and can get the weight down to about 440 pounds, it could work reasonably well as an adventure bike - in theory. I'm not sure I'd trust it too much, either... With great suspension, a 440 pound dual sport can actually be pretty competent/capable off road.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I sure wish it would be a scaled down version of the 1190cc vtwin and not a bigger version of the 690. I think if they had an 800cc (790) I'm sure it could be at least 100hp. Make a miniature 1290 Adventure with the same features. Cruise control, LED lighting, ABS and full engine electronics. I think the smaller version would really open a bigger market then the 'mega' adventure bikes close to $20,000!

Reactions: JagLite

·
Registered
78 Posts
Guess I'm living in the past. When did 10K become cheap for a motorcycle?
If you try to buy an automobile with the performance and electronics that were tops in the automotive industry, you would be in the very high end autos. That's like a Chevy Spark vs. Chevy Corvette. These m/c's have the highest horsepower and speed. Look at the TW200 specks vs. a KTM of similar size. Price of KTM is way higher. You have to pay to play!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts