TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered

Registered
It's probably hard for them to estimate since it has 3 power modes which each rider would use differently, but they could have said something... ?? The recharge time sounded OK though.
Yeah, 80 minutes is definitely reasonable. Too bad an extra battery pack likely costs another $1200 to $1800.

Tom

Registered
The flat KTM PowerPack is completely recharged in only 80 minutes (80% in 50 minutes), so nothing stands in the way of up to an hour of riding fun, depending on terrain and riding style.

Registered
Seems odd they didn't keep the ergonomics of braking the same. Folks are going to subconsciously got o clutch when shifting and skid out.

Registered
There's a paradigm shift taking place from a fixed amount of fossil fuels to renewable electric power. This shift and Tessa's forward thinking are what is driving a crazy pricing of his stock. Although hydrocarbon fuel may be able to be manufactured by bacteria which means gas could be renewable. Hydro carbon fuel still has pollution impacts. The other day I heard the president of Toyota poo pooing Tessa's model 3 saying only some fraction of a percent of all cars are electric. And what with 2$ gas electric cars are not that reasonable. Ha no forward thinker there. What does make sense is that as battery technology improves (and it will continue to improve in storage capacity and cost) renewable solar electric power and electric vehicles makes a ton of sense in the long term. This is a cool bike I love to see the forward thinking by KTM.

Registered
Battery vehicle technology is certainly getting better, with range being perhaps most important to me. A fifty mile range on a E-XC could excite me.
On the summer solstice ride some folks in a new Volt showed up in my remote camp well beyond the travel radius I thought reasonable. They claimed their vehicle with a 200+ mile range should get them home, guess they made it.

However I feel electric cars, bikes and buses should be able to stand on their own feet economy wise.
No additional national debt should be incurred via tax incentives to manufacturers nor rebates to consumers in oder to stimulate sales. This is supposed to be a free market economy so sink or swim, don鈥檛 count on my tax dollars to prop up noncompetitive products. Let鈥檚 get rid of the Chicken Tax on light truck imports from the 60鈥檚 too, knock a good ten grand off that new Tacoma鈥檚 sticker price.
I really resent attempts at more social engineering like my home utility rate going up so as to subsidize charging stations for e-vehicles in metropolitan areas. I will never see a benefit from this.

Registered
Never say never Fred. Time for solar panels to run air conditioning, lights and refer and to charge your electric vehicles? With a Tesla wall battery cut the cord to the utility. LOL I know you can't but it sounds good.

Registered
I know this will be a long way off for cars etc. but - you know how on old cameras: for a flash, you waited as it wound up to get the charge, and then "POP" the energy was released.

They are apparently working to make this a feasible way to recharge batteries. Your camera, phone, etc. runs down; you just plug it in to this already charged device, flip a switch; and "BAM" it dumps a full charge into your device. Then the charging device itself recharges.

"POP" and "BAM" tributes to Adam West; the original BATMAN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts