TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on the new site. I was jack_ball on the old site if anyone cares. I have never contributed much, but I really appreciate this community.

I looked, but I didn't see anyone mentioning this event so i thought I'd ask. If someone has already posted about this i apologize.

Is anyone here going on this "LAB2V" ride? http://www.labarstowvegas.com/ 450 miles over 2 days... Looks like a kick-in-the-pants. I am going and if any other TW riders will be there, I'd like to meet them.

Or has anyone here done this trip before?

Thanks,

Ash

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
My brother will be there. He lives in vegas. I hate him, mainly because I have to work.

·
Registered
308 Posts
First post on the new site. I was jack_ball on the old site if anyone cares. I have never contributed much, but I really appreciate this community.

I looked, but I didn't see anyone mentioning this event so i thought I'd ask. If someone has already posted about this i apologize.

Is anyone here going on this "LAB2V" ride? http://www.labarstowvegas.com/ 450 miles over 2 days... Looks like a kick-in-the-pants. I am going and if any other TW riders will be there, I'd like to meet them.

Or has anyone here done this trip before?

Thanks,

Ash

Wow... thanks for the heads up on this and the link. I watched the entire video posted on the website. Very, very cool. The most I've ridden in one day is just over 100 miles. So the thought of 200+ seems daunting. ...perhaps I will...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Generally speaking, 200 miles in the desert isn't very difficult. Most of the roads I've traveled in desert areas are safely ridden at 30-40mph, 5 to 7 hours of actual riding. Some roads are even faster. The problem lies with washes that are darn near impossible to see until you are right on them. Narrow washes up to a foot across are not a big deal if they are perpindicular to the trail, but those that cross the trail at a shallow angle can be killers at speed. Literally. Washes can appear anywhere with no apparent connection to terrain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts