·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I'm not looking at that.

It will only feed my disease.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Read a thread over on Advrider which showed these same CT90 guys. This sounds like one heck of torture ride, with several injuries reported to both man and machine. Also looks like many of the riders took shortcuts or smoother alternate routes in order to be on time(ish) or get back on track. So, with all that, if I lived closer I'd try it...maybe.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
"Easy" being relative, it's fairly easy if you stay on the powerline roads, but you miss a lot of the cool stuff. If you did it alone or with someone of like mind rather than as part of the official, organized ride there'd be almost no excuse for carnage, mechanical or physical.

On something small and slow the tendency is to push things a bit too fast in order to make it to the barbecue/beer/bragging rights social aspect of the organized ride before the KTM guys eat all the chow.

The trip is around 230 from where I live. As long as you had enough fuel you'd never have to see pavement. If anyone wants to give it a shot sometime, let me know.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trip is around 230 from where I live. As long as you had enough fuel you'd never have to see pavement. If anyone wants to give it a shot sometime, let me know.

Hell, I'm game just need enough notice to clear it the boss (9 month old and her mom)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
"Easy" being relative, it's fairly easy if you stay on the powerline roads, but you miss a lot of the cool stuff. If you did it alone or with someone of like mind rather than as part of the official, organized ride there'd be almost no excuse for carnage, mechanical or physical.

On something small and slow the tendency is to push things a bit too fast in order to make it to the barbecue/beer/bragging rights social aspect of the organized ride before the KTM guys eat all the chow.

I'm gassed up and ready.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I might chip a nail. It'll be cold. We'd have to ride I-15 home. I have a hair appointment. Camels are evil. Will there be camels?

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
This might be an option for the Nor Cal group -- do half the Sheetiron 300 -- to the red arrow and back ( sponsored by Oakland MC Club but do it on our own http://oaklandmotorc...club.camp9.org/ ) The website says it is mostly dirt. I figure from Stonyford to Ukiah and back. For get the part about going to Fort Bragg. Just an idea. I think we would have to score some roll sheets to make it work.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
My mommy won't let me ride on the interstate.

Excellent choice!

I like to provide all the potential excuses for all potential invitees. Saves time. All you gotta do is pick one, then RSVP

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Tony, I like your idea of a half SheetIron ride. This is a very ambitious one day ride on a TW. This could be routed without the roll charts. I am pretty fimaliar with this area. Not wanting to step on the toes of the proposed LA-Barstow-Vegas thread, lets move this to another thread and see if we can make a go of it.

Joe

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That's some pretty country in there.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
If it's on your bucket list it's gotta get done. But that NorCal ride is an easy 50-100 gallons closer to you

I'm itching to get back in there on a TW. I'll watch that thread in hopes the stars will align properly and we can make it up there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If I can work it into my schedule, and my social events coordinator approves it, I would be interested in the Barstow to ~near Vegas~ run.

I would also probably want to ride back the same way I came as my mommy really won't let me ride my TW on the interstate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm interested
I'll volunteer the use of my truck and trailer for those who may not want to ride the highway back. The truck seats five (or six if you're real good friends) and the trailer holds five stock TW's. I'm not sure yet if I'd be riding (I haven't done very much long-distance riding on a MC) or if I'll be driving the truck. Providing rider support actually could be fun, if we plan it out I could even arrange to be at certain points in the truck for fuel stops, break down's or whatever. So when do we want to do this? Maybe sometime in the spring? I think this could be a blast!

Kevin

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
We've discussed sending the S.O.'s ahead with a truck for a girl's weekend in Vegas. Solves the logistics problem for either the Vegas or Mojave Road runs.

Already seeing white stuff out the window. Was in the 80's just a few days ago. Definitely be more predictable come spring.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok no problem, just throwing it out there as an option if it was needed. Either way I'm in (depending on when we do it)

Kevin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts