TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the he'll is it so hard to find someone to ride with,I post on advrider or thumpertalk ,my post is ignored and over talked bout others who want to ride with each other.funny how I can't get a straight answer.I don't have a problem riding by myself but sometimes it be nice to be able to have some comeraderie on rides.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am tied up right now and is in somerset but in past I don't understand why ,maybe it's a click thing

·
Registered
762 Posts
Getting riding partners together...is like organizing a party, and expecting it to be a smash.

It sometimes happens. When it does, it's to be savored and remembered...the great party or the great ride.

SELDOM can it be PLANNED.

People have lives. And the motorcycle community is a small one. And OF that motorcycle community...those of us who believe size-doesn't-matter, are a minority-within-a-minority.

You will find other TWers. And others who don't care about how small your bike and how quiet your pipes. But you have to let it flow...

Meaning, figure that riding is mostly a solitary activity. Sad, but if you don't have a track club or a TW club or broad-minded bikers nearby...it is what it is.

Can you imagine how outcast I feel on my Zero...NO PIPES, OPEN OR OTHERWISE.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I feel lucky to have several TW riders within a distance we can get together. Thing is most are retired or single or have spouses that like to get out also. Trying to get an outing going where folks can stay a bit and feel free to play is sometimes hard to do. Still just getting together for a weekend ride within a hundred miles of home can be a starter of some great relationships.

As I started a thread for Washington Tdubers, you might start one for your area.

I too have joined the adv forum, but seldom look in anymore since coming here. Way too many bikes and rides to filter through to find the TW200 thread and there is little action on it. Here is the place for TW companionship.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I feel your pain. Not only do I have a lack of riding partners, I also have a lack of cool places to ride!!!
You need to get out of the mid-west and move to the PNW where we have lots of "cool places to ride", along with lots of cool, willing riding buddies.:cool: Our riding season is very long too, we don't have the severe heat and cold that you encounter.

That's my solution, all TW riders move west.... :cool:

PS - check out Meet-Up groups and more and more dealers are offering dual sport rides for all levels. In fact, my main motorcycle dealership has moved the Dual Sport/Adventure bikes into the coveted area that used to house the Cruisers. They didn't used to offer dual sport rides too often either and suddenly they do. I am on several Meet-Up groups as well as Facebook groups and I don't have time to do all the rides offered.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
years ago I was down by godmoms in south Carolina for easter,before I opened my mouth she stated don't bother asking if people ride down here cause people here. they don't do that,they ride with friends and family and that's that!I was standing there like wtf is your attitude?!I'm gonna ride if you.wanna.ride.or not,I understand the family, wife.kid thing as well.Sucks I'm tied up with carpal and ulnerary surgery for next several months.thanks for understanding and once.I get my check from my stolen bike.back maybe.ill look into the tw,not sure what I'm gonna replace my stolen aprilia rxv with yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts