TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is one more thing to lug around but pays big comfort dividends at your destination...especially if you might need a boat too.:rolleyes:

Would you pay ~$70 for an inflatable sofa? Maybe.
Saw one used as a impromptu canoe and imagined a few backpacking trips where any pac-raft would be a plus.

·
Registered
928 Posts
In a pinch, it could be a great inflatable bed. Packs smaller and inflates/deflates faster than a traditional air mat.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and you don't really need a skate boarder to fill it, just ten seconds or so.
I could see it going on snowshoe outings, sit on it for a break, or slide down a hill on it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Nothing new to me. Way back as far as the early sixties I used an inflatable kayak to camp in Germany. I carried it on a bicycle and paddled it around Starnberger See.
Then at night I left the floor inflated and partially deflated the sides. I lay in it and pulled a poncho over it. The air in the sides provided great insulation and the bottom became an air mattress.
One of the easiest camps to set up. Kayak was a military model by Metzler and was incredibly tough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts