TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great video! Are you using a GoPro?

I don't know about the rest of the country, but where I am lane splitting always gets you an evil eye. In Europe, it is the entire reason people buy motorcycles. For some reason, some people act like you're cutting in line down here.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
elime,
Did you ever get the sense the cagers were trying to crowd you at times? It looks like some drivers are crowding you just a smidge. Of course, some drivers don't want to let anyone into traffic, motorcycle or car. Looks like the traffic was pretty slow (stopped) most of the time and you have to be real cautious when lane splitting, but you really got to move up. I'm guessing it's more dangerous when higher speeds are involved.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great video! Are you using a GoPro?

I don't know about the rest of the country, but where I am lane splitting always gets you an evil eye. In Europe, it is the entire reason people buy motorcycles. For some reason, some people act like you're cutting in line down here.
craig0ry -- It is a Liquid Image goggles. Model 384 - All Sport by Liquid Image | Liquid Image Co. I bought them from Woot.com for $99.00

The camera and microphone are right between my eyes. I tend to look around a lot so a lot of my videos are very shaky. What is funny sometimes is people come up to me and start talking and have no idea they are on Candid Camera. I don't put those videos up for public viewing. That is not right without their permission.

elime,
Did you ever get the sense the cagers were trying to crowd you at times? It looks like some drivers are crowding you just a smidge. Of course, some drivers don't want to let anyone into traffic, motorcycle or car. Looks like the traffic was pretty slow (stopped) most of the time and you have to be real cautious when lane splitting, but you really got to move up. I'm guessing it's more dangerous when higher speeds are involved.
Hey admiral -- When someone trys to block my way it is very obvious. People driving next to the line will very often try to make more room for me if they see me coming.

There was a guy in a white pick up truck towing a trailer that gave me a very dirty look as I passed. I actually said "Hi" to him but he didn't answer. I edited it out.

If traffic moves any faster than it was in the video I get back in line. I really don't see any danger in going between stopped cars but once they start moving I get nervous. And going 90 between cars doing 70 is definitely not my style!!!! (If a TW could do 90)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Love it! I really don't ride mine in heavy traffic much but would be doing the same if traffic was backed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts