TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was complaining in the Famous Storage Tube thread about not being able to find the large size tubes which will hold the 1.5 liter fuel canisters. I found a distributor online and emailed a request concerning a smaller quantity purchase. Here's the response that I got today:

Hi, Jerry,

Our minimum QTY is 25 pcs (one box). However, we maybe able get 5 or so in our San Diego sales office here if you want to get any. The price is $5.00/ea for this small QTY plus freight.

Regards,

Bill Yuan

Well, there it is. Is anyone else interested in getting one or more of these larger storage tubes? I imagine that anyone who really wanted one has already gotten the smaller tubes, but it's worth asking. I don't mind organizing a group buy and distribution but having an agent in San Diego would probably help a lot.

If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind getting a carton of 25.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd be in for 3 of them if you get enough interest. Thank you. Just let me know how you want to do it. If you buy them, let me know what shipping is ect. 307-635-3416

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On this and some other forums I have 15 already spoken for, not including the ones I'll want for myself, so it looks good. I already have the inquiry in and should get the definite price by Monday if not before. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Internal diam = 4 5/16"

Ext. max diam = 5 1/8"

Total length = 14 1/4"

Mount holes = 10 9/16" cntr

They appear to be dark gray, same as the medium size, with removable yellow graphics.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay folks, I'm at the cutoff. I now have at least 21 of the tubes tentatively spoken for on this and a couple other fora. That leaves 4 for me. As soon as I get the hard details I'll post it here and place the order.

I'll be distributing these things at cost. If I was doing this to make a buck that would be fine, but I'm not so I will provide documentation to prove that because the way I see it, if I'm going to make a claim concerning finances, I need to back it up. Will let you know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got all the money figures lined up and it seems that there are enough people willing to take these off my hands so here's the deal:

The price per tube is 4.65

The price for shipping one case of 25 to me from somewhere in Asia is 32.07

I don't have an ETA on their arrival.

That makes my cost per tube 5.93

Shipping to your home is yet to be determined. It looks like the cheapest way to get them there will be USPS parcel post. I doubt that the packaging will add to the cost. In order to spread them out as far as possible and to simplify packaging, I can send each person up to two tubes each. You can get only one if you want. I'll be sending out a check this week. I'll send PMs to everyone who expressed interest after the tubes arrive. At that time, you can pass on them or arrange for shipping.

Just for clarification - These tubes are exactly like the ones you can get from AgriSupply except that they are slightly larger. I want them because they will hold a 1.5 liter fuel canister while the others will only hold the 1 liter. That's not a lot of difference. The AgriSupply price for the smaller tube is $4.99. Their shipping cost to me in Tennessee is $6 for one tube, $7 for two tubes, according to their shopping cart.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was a bit of a setback, but I'm back on track. Early last week my computer blew a gasket - the hard drive ate it and the whole thing locked up tight. Several days and a couple hundred dollars later, I got it back with a new, larger hard drive and 500 unorganized file folders full of stuff which had been recovered from the old drive. After sorting through all that crap I've finally recovered my old emails and contact info for my storage tube connection in California. I'm back in gear now and the clock starts over on the delivery timetable. I'm considering ordering two cases due to the higher-than-expected demand. That will be determined later today. I'll let you all know.

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot (like I was) - back up yer puter!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those who've sent PM's regarding the tubes - I already have one case (turns out the quantity is 24, not 25 as I'd been told earlier) promised, but may be getting more. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's been a while since I've posted on the progress. That's because there wasn't any for a while. Now there has been some motion.

It turns out that the price I was quoted earlier was for the smaller size tubes. Yeah I know, I tried hard to specify exactly what I was talking about but I'll write that off to the language barrier. Mine, not his. He speaks my native language a lot better than I speak his which is not at all. The check is in the mail (hopefully it got there today), and I've ordered two cases, that's 48 of the tubes. Judging by the interest that's been shown here and in other fora, I think they will all find a home.

I've gotten several PMs regarding this and I'm sorry I haven't had time to reply to them, but I haven't had the time and I really didn't have any new info until now. If everything goes as planned (very little does lately but a guy can dream, right?), I'll be able to start mailing them out late next week. I'll PM everyone who has expressed interest, spell out the details, and get a confirmation of intent before I send them.

Thanks for your patience.

Jerry

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Since you bought two cases, are there a couple leftovers available? I'd like to have three if possible.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Don't forget me and my PM. I would want two if possible when you spread them out to everyone interested.

What's the price now?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My price is now $7.80 per tube. I should have enough for everyone who's still interested.

Expecting delivery early next week.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Awesome! Let me know the price for 3 shipped to 38237.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts