TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes exactly to what I and many others have been saying all along. You don't need a gun to kill or do massive injury and a car or truck is just as deadly a weapon in the wrong hands.

This gal who lost it had no prior criminal history and still unknown if or what drugs she may or may not have been on.

BTW, Any legal gun owner in possession of his gun at the time would have been completely justified to light her up if he had a clear shot!

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It doesn't matter how they spin this one. There was virtually no law that could have prevented what she did. She was in violation of some laws
but how were the police to know until after the violence was committed. They can however prevent a repeat offense by keeping her in custody
for the rest of her life.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I was thinking the same thing and nearly posted essentially the exact same post...

·
Banned
18 Posts
This goes exactly to what I and many others have been saying all along. You don't need a gun to kill or do massive injury and a car or truck is just as deadly a weapon in the wrong hands.
Funny you should bring this up. Guns are now killing as many people as cars in the US.

Guns & Car Deaths Converge.jpg

"For the first time in more than 60 years, firearms and automobiles are killing Americans at an identical rate, according to new mortality data released this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In 2014, the age-adjusted death rate for both firearms (including homicides, suicides and accidental deaths) and motor vehicle events (car crashes, collisions between cars and pedestrians, etc) stood at 10.3 deaths per 100,000 people."​

Gun Deaths vs Cars.jpg

I guess we need automobile control now?
Do you think we don't_have controls on automobiles?

Automobiles are highly_ regulated.

Cars have to be registered in each new state you move to. You need to submit to a driver's test to get your license. You are required to have insurance. Cars are regularly inspected.

There are Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards on everything from air bags, to tires, to brakes, to seat belts, to lights, etc, etc. Those improved safety standards are one of the main reasons why deaths in car crashes have fallen so precipitously in the last 50 years.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Uhmmm, no they're not.... First 6 months of 2015, Traffic Deaths have risen 14% to almost 19,000 and there's been 2.3 Million serious injuries.

That would extrapolate out to 38,000 deaths for the year and 4.6 Million Injuries.

With firearms, per Gun Violence Archive the numbers are:

12,731 Deaths

25,719 Injuries

as of December 17th.

Somebody seems to be doing some of that "Government Math" if they in any way can deduce that firearms kill or injure more people than automobiles.

And the statement that firearms deaths are usually intentional and automobile deaths are accidents totally fails to take into consideration that whenever a drunk driver gets behind the wheel and kills someone, it's an intentional act and is in my opinion, murder.

According to http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php as of this post, there have been

11,048 murders by firearms while drunks murdered 32,498.

Wrong again as usual Splat.

And what amendment in the Constitution is that that covers the use and ownership of automobiles. I can't seem to find that in my copy I have here.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Very sad.

We obviously have an automobile user issue here in the USA.

We need to start an automobile licensing process to prevent unauthorized citizens from driving cars, ASAP!

There should be and age limit, driving test, drug test, and a renewal process. We should also start requiring paperwork for the sale / trade and usage for every automobile in the USA.

That will prevent all situations like Las Vegas.

However - how to predict the future - Just ban all automobiles, problem solved.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uhmmm, no they're not.... First 6 months of 2015, Traffic Deaths have risen 14% to almost 19,000 and there's been 2.3 Million serious injuries.

That would extrapolate out to 38,000 deaths for the year and 4.6 Million Injuries.

With firearms, per Gun Violence Archive the numbers are:

12,731 Deaths

25,719 Injuries

as of December 17th.

Somebody seems to be doing some of that "Government Math" if they in any way can deduce that firearms kill or injure more people than automobiles.

And the statement that firearms deaths are usually intentional and automobile deaths are accidents totally fails to take into consideration that whenever a drunk driver gets behind the wheel and kills someone, it's an intentional act and is in my opinion, murder.

According to http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php as of this post, there have been

11,048 murders by firearms while drunks murdered 32,498.

Wrong again as usual Splat.

And what amendment in the Constitution is that that covers the use and ownership of automobiles. I can't seem to find that in my copy I have here.
Someone suggested a while back that Splat should just be ignored! I happen to agree because all he ever has to offer us is his negative and absolutely baseless BS with the sole intent of stirring the pot. At some point every thread he gets involved in will go directly to the gutter so I just skip over what ever crap he posts and suggest the rest of us do the same. I am absolutely certain if I ever met this dude in person he would resemble his name, SPLAT!

GaryL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not all vehicles require insurance, wrong again splat. And the Illegals drive with or without a license, ins, etc.... Criminals same, they don't care. Go talk splat(I meant smack) on ADV

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
...for that matter it is not a requirement to have a license to own a motor vehicle. You DON"T need to register it or even meet any age requirements. All the requirements Splab referred to are the requirements for using your motor vehicle on PUBLIC ROADS. You can posses as many as you want for your own, or other others use without having to meet any requirements.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It doesn't matter how they spin this one. There was virtually no law that could have prevented what she did. She was in violation of some laws
but how were the police to know until after the violence was committed. They can however prevent a repeat offense by keeping her in custody
for the rest of her life.
There USED to be laws against living in your car.

They were called "Vagrancy Ordinances."

Show me someone who's living in his car for any period of time - like, over a week - and I'll show you someone seriously farked up. Most likely it's either drugs, alcohol or insanity.

There are exceptions. And there are ways that sane, rational people who have to live in their cars can DO it. Like, first, get out of the city. Or under cover - like a parking garage. Or park in a state park.

Just allowing this crap on the streets, is enablement - and allows this sort of thing to build. Had she been jailed for vagrancy, she wouldn't have killed and injured; and maybe her issues would be addressed.

This is where repealing "Victimless Crime" laws lead us. To piles of victims.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There USED to be laws against living in your car.

They were called "Vagrancy Ordinances."

Show me someone who's living in his car for any period of time - like, over a week - and I'll show you someone seriously farked up. Most likely it's either drugs, alcohol or insanity.

There are exceptions. And there are ways that sane, rational people who have to live in their cars can DO it. Like, first, get out of the city. Or under cover - like a parking garage. Or park in a state park.

Just allowing this crap on the streets, is enablement - and allows this sort of thing to build. Had she been jailed for vagrancy, she wouldn't have killed and injured; and maybe her issues would be addressed.

This is where repealing "Victimless Crime" laws lead us. To piles of victims.
Man you got this all wrong in a very PC way! The solution from the left is to throw money at them they will put up their nose or in their veins and then we call it a disease and give them free health care, EBT cards and get them on the government teats as true democratic voters.

Sharpton and Jackson are making travel plans as we speak and BHO will not attend the funeral of the dead because he is on a free vacation paid for by US. He won't send any of his cronies because we don't do funerals according to the Islamic traditions.

This poor, homeless gal was tired and sleep deprived so she will get a pass on a lot of this carnage once the crew gets involved.

Just one good guy with a gun could have saved lives, serious injuries and a whole bank load of money.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts