TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice! My wife has family in Lewiston and Clarkston. That is beautiful country.

Thanks for the pics, not only some beautiful scenery, but some cool sights as well. That's a neat bridge, and the log cabin is also cool. Looks like you were up in the clouds. Any idea what elevation you were at there?

Nice bike. If I remember correctly, my bike was built in late '94, but licensed as a '95. I love that old bike, and see no reason to go with anything newer. So, the '94's and '95's are near and dear to my heart.:)

Thanks for the report, I hope you can share more before the snow flies! That could be anytime. A friend told me they got snowed on near Panguitch over the weekend. Another friend posted a picture of Wheeler Peak in Great Basin National Park and it had quite a blanket of snow. Man, I'm not ready for this. Where did all the time go?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks B-dub. The elevation on the main river with the pack bridge/trail is 2,800 ft. The elevation at the cabin is just over 7,000. I covered close to 300 miles in 4 days. I am really looking into a different seat.

·
Registered
503 Posts
beautiful pics. Can't wait to get out there some day. Thanks for posting. TIM

·
Registered
976 Posts
I hope that cabin has indoor plumbing, it'd be a rough night if you took a wrong turn on the way to the outhouse! Probably well worth the risk for that view though.

Great pics, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Gorgeous views, absolutely beautiful, me like. Do tell where this ride took place and the cabin. Kinda wondering if the cabin is near an old lookout location. ...and the bridge. Does this bridge lead to a riding trail? I wish I had my TW when I lived in Lewiston. I would have ridden it almost all year round commuting to work and such.

One day, I'd love to ride my TW from my locale through Hell's Canyon, Joseph/Enterprise, up to Asotin and on into the LC Valley. Stay overnight (down by the river), and then take the back roads back on the Idaho side. Gotta see the old radar site on top of Cottonwood Butte don't-cha-know! Oh, I almost forgot, gotta ride the old spiral highway too. Downhill of course!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gorgeous views, absolutely beautiful, me like. Do tell where this ride took place and the cabin. Kinda wondering if the cabin is near an old lookout location. ...and the bridge. Does this bridge lead to a riding trail? I wish I had my TW when I lived in Lewiston. I would have ridden it almost all year round commuting to work and such.

One day, I'd love to ride my TW from my locale through Hell's Canyon, Joseph/Enterprise, up to Asotin and on into the LC Valley. Stay overnight (down by the river), and then take the back roads back on the Idaho side. Gotta see the old radar site on top of Cottonwood Butte don't-cha-know! Oh, I almost forgot, gotta ride the old spiral highway too. Downhill of course!
Thanks admiral,The majority of the trip took place on the Northfork of the Clearwater River, up by Kelly Creek Ranger Station. We were only 50 miles from Superior, Montana. The bridge trail is a riding trail also, but some spots the rear tire was bigger than the trail. I only went up a couple of miles, and not to mention the drop offs were extremely far. So the reward was not worth the risk. I lived to ride another day. The "Cold Springs Cabin " was a cabin for a fire lookout a long time ago, but the lookouts no longer there.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great pic's! it is that time of the year. They are saying snow down to 7000' Wed nite along the Wasatch Front here in N. Utah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts