TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some say there is no replacement for displacement, others insist it is not the meat but the motion. You decide.
Whether aboard a 50cc Vespa or a rip roaring 180cc it seems gloves, boots and leathers aren’t that important.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Those look like some pretty quick scooters. Groms make me laugh. I see this 1/2 scale motorcycle in traffic and think, what are they doing? I have enough visibility issues with a big bike and here is something even smaller. Some are cool looking but they just don't look that safe in heavy traffic. I saw one, race bike style, extended swing arm and all. I would rather have an R1 or Ninja.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just goes to show that one can have fun and demonstrate impressive skill pushing anything to it's limits. Know I couldn’t keep up with many of those Vespa riders.
Reminds me of a treasured memory of my father relating his racing of outboard motor powered 4x8 sheets of plywood before the war in Hawaii. The gleam in his eye hinted at some wild but innocent youthful indiscretions. You make do with what is available and reap the most out of it. For example I ride a TW200.:)
Besides, who hasn’t enjoyed racing a VW beetle against darn near anything?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I can attest to how much fun a sport scooter can be. Before I bought the TW I bought a Genuine Blur 220i. Damn thing will do 75 easy and is built like a sports bike. It's been sitting for a while so I need to charge up the battery, but once that's done it usually starts right up and is ready to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts