TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to find the latest battery thread and am having no luck. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I would like to order one of these for my '99 TW. Thanks in advance, Tom Edit.....there was a link to a battery from Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
Tom, about a week ago, holdon72 bought a Bike master Gel battery on ebay for $56.00 shipped. That's the only one I can think of recently. That's a good deal on a maintenance free battery.

·
Super Moderator
5,154 Posts
What type of battery are you looking for ?

Wet cell - standard acid battery
Gel cell - spill proof acid battery
Lithium - solid battery (lighter but expensive)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have a Shorai in my TW... love it, for whatever that's worth.

I think Tusk is selling a LI battery now too, not sure. But prices are gonna be coming down on 'em, which is good.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Most motorcycle batteries are AGM or some other leakproof design. That is a safety feature to prevent spilling acid if you dump the bike. Keep searching on here or on Google. I don't remember exactly where, but I got my new AGM for less than $30 including free shipping on Amazon months ago and it works perfectly well with no problems and there are times when the bike sits for a few weeks without starting it up.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I found it. It was in Sponge's response to the Shorai product report. I ordered from Amazon. We'll have two of us to test the Lithium battery from Amazon. It's a Battery Tender product. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks guys. I found it. It was in Sponge's response to the Shorai product report. I ordered from Amazon. We'll have two of us to test the Lithium battery from Amazon. It's a Battery Tender product. I appreciate your help.
The BT battery leaves a lot of extra space in the battery box. I threw a pressure gauge, patch kit, and a spark plug in there. still room for a few more nick nacks just haven't decided what yet.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I love the bike master gel battery that we just purchased for our 1989 tdub...light weight and fits perfect

Bought it on ebay...Bikemaster trugel MG7C-A $56.92 free shipping seller is ridersdiscount 99.6% positive feedback

·
Registered
285 Posts
Which one, please?

Could you tell us which one you ordered? Thanks!

The BT battery leaves a lot of extra space in the battery box. I threw a pressure gauge, patch kit, and a spark plug in there. still room for a few more nick nacks just haven't decided what yet.
Could you tell us which BT battery this is? This looks like a useful thing to be able to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Garandman, how do you like that battery-tender battery so far.......I'm thinking it's probably made by Shorai , I could be mistaken?. Do the cables mount on top ? . How much was it?. I may need a new battery myself. Was thinking of a Yuasa ytz-7s or a similar Motocross brand battery?. Do tell please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts