TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tw200 started running horrible. After doing some research on here I am guessing it is because I was an idiot and started using premium 91 octane gas..:confused:..... I noticed that my petcock was leaking so i took it apart to check the gaskets and the one that goes between the tank seems to be the culprit.
My question is the procycle repair kit is$17.95, new petcocks on ebay are about $10.00. Anyone have any advice on new petcocks on ebay working?

After I fix the petcock leak do i need to drain the carb or if i refill with 87 octane will it be fine?
should i run seafoam through it? i see that recommended a lot but have never tried it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The higher octane gas is not an issue. Non-ethanol gas is more important than octane rating.

I don‘t have experience with eBay petcocks but I have used several lower priced petcocks from Amazon and they worked fine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Some of the lower price ebay petcocks are horrible. The internals are so poorly made they don't shut off completely even when new. You'd probably be okay with a higher price ebay special but it's hard to tell quality from crap on ebay since the reviews are so sparse. Amazon reviews are much more helpful in this regard because there are so many more of them.

Ditto on the ethanol free gas. It's the best thing you can do for your Tdub. And I've had good luck with seafoam if I'm just trying to clean up minor issues with the carb. But if you've got a lot of junk in there you'll need to do a thorough cleaning.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would go with a new ebay petcock vs rebuild kit. Buy one with free returns and then send it back if it isn't working right.

·
Registered
194 Posts
$22 rockymountainatvmc.com

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info.... I was also going to put on a new fuel filter.... what size is the fuel line that comes from the petcock to the carb?

·
Registered
328 Posts
4mm or 3/16" ID is a little bigger but should work. I'd only buy the OEM petcock. The original one probably lasted at least 10 years and cost ~$21. The generic ones will work and might only cost ~$10 so if you're going to sell in a year or two you can save $10.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts