TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the approximate lean angles with stock tires on pavement? This isn't something I want to learn through experience!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Too many variables for a simple answer. Speed, duration of turn, slope, type of pavement, temperature, rider weight, balance, tire pressure etc etc.

But in my experience in near ideal conditions you can drag the footpegs or the side of your boot pretty easy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
just take it easy on the road. lean, but don't go all racer-style. you don't have race tires, nor do you have race suspension and if you're leaning to the maximum around a blind corner and run into something on the pavement you're screwed!

I probably only use half of my maximum lean angle at any given time (just a guess) and I still have plenty of fun - pushing it to the limit just isn't worth it especially when you can't know exactly what the limit is. At regular road speeds all it takes is using 101% of your 100% traction once and you're in for a world of pain - and possible broken bones or even disability / death - How would you feel being disabled not being able to ride for the rest of your life all cause you pushed your traction just a hair too far? It would suck!

Have fun, but take it easy too..

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
just take it easy on the road. lean, but don't go all racer-style. you don't have race tires, nor do you have race suspension and if you're leaning to the maximum around a blind corner and run into something on the pavement you're screwed!

I probably only use half of my maximum lean angle at any given time (just a guess) and I still have plenty of fun - pushing it to the limit just isn't worth it especially when you can't know exactly what the limit is. At regular road speeds all it takes is using 101% of your 100% traction once and you're in for a world of pain - and possible broken bones or even disability / death - How would you feel being disabled not being able to ride for the rest of your life all cause you pushed your traction just a hair too far? It would suck!

Have fun, but take it easy too..
FTFY

I've drug the pegs with stock tires--not recommended. Boots touching with heel against the peg isn't a problem. With the 203/204 tire combo, I went through a set of pegs on Tail of the Dragon in 2 days. Great fun cutting inside the Harleys. People lughed at the strap-on gardening kneepads I wore, until later in the day and they were all scuffed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts