TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some old threads I remembered why I lost interest in my Keihin pumper carb. -- mainly it has a broken pilot jet with a piece stuck in the carb. body.

Moving on I looked on the shelf and found a cheap Chy-knees sort of a Lectron clone carb. I had forgotten about.

I checked out the cheapy and it fits the TW200 intake manifold and an air filter I have that goes directly on the carb. looks like it will fit between the engine and the air box. The only thing to do is hook up a single line throttle cable and the fuel line and it should be ready to go. I hope this works well......

Lectron & clone.jpg

PB250070.JPG

Super Moderator
Tony, you've mentioned this carb a couple times now. I don't know why, but I feel there is great promise in that thing... haha seriously. It looks very interesting. I went to that site a couple times and read up on it too. I am very interested in your results. Thanks for checking this out, I've been curious for a long time about this one. 馃 (y)

*and I don't even have a TW... 馃槉

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

Registered
Pretty sure that air filter will contact the spring. I tried many different ways and different pod filters and always had to use the stock air box boot to clear the spring.

Super Moderator
Pretty sure that air filter will contact the spring. I tried many different ways and different pod filters and always had to use the stock air box boot to clear the spring.
Tony's pretty good at fab and mod work, I'll bet you 5 cents he gets it on. ;)

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

Registered
5 cents is not a lot; but did you check with Tony to see if he minds us betting on whether or not
" he gets it on ".

And who is going to be the one to go and "verify" this!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts