TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 4x6 led light off of amazon and finally got around to making a bracket today. Took some 16ga galv. Angle and folded it in half. Bend up the bracket and smoothed the angles with hammer and dollies. Trimmed it with a die grinder and carbide bit, then drilled the holes to mount it to the 4 corners of the light. Here’s some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can already tell I will need to install some foam at the top of the light to block the glare on the back of the plastic. I did move the light out a little further hoping it would help this but I can see a glare coming through still.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My eyes...my eyes!

Reactions: Donzo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it could have, I like the black housing and have had good luck with similar lights on my truck. I made sure that I can reinstall the factory light just as quick as this one installs without modifying the original structure at all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well Sir,
Any real night time driving tests yet? If so, how to you compare it to the stock light? I don't mind any form of fabrication to make something fit, that's right up my line.
Scott

Reactions: fmxr47

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Sir,
Any real night time driving tests yet? If so, how to you compare it to the stock light? I don't mind any form of fabrication to make something fit, that's right up my line.
Scott
Nothing yet but I’ll be riding it to work in the AM, so I shall report back as to how it is. I also just guesstimated the aim so that will need adjusted I’m sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other than the fact I can’t aim a headlight on the first try, it was quite A bit brighter for the low beam and a nice wide pattern, the high beam is kinda focused really tight in the center but does reach out a long ways. Overall I’m happy with it and I need to readjust the headlight, maybe tonight I can test it again, or I’ll wait until tomorrow mornings ride again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aimed it down after work and will hopefully get to try it in the morning!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts