TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, as I see the topic of "I replaced all my turn signals with LED and got the right flasher, but it's still doesn't work right!" come up rather frequently. The common cause being the remaining incandescent indicator bulb in the dash that doesn't play well with the 2pin LED flasher relay, which causes the signals to either stay lit, partially lit with a weak flash, etc... The fix is to replace the dash bulbs with a BA9S LED replacement, but many/most of them seem to come in the wrong polarity, which lets the turn signals work but no dash indicator (same as just pulling the bulb).

I found some bulbs from a company called Aero-Lite that are configured polarity agnostic/non-polarized. I'm assuming they use a classic 4 diode bridge/rectifier before the LED emitters, which would explain why they cost a bit more. They also appear to be aimed at general aviation, so I would hope the quality is a bit better as well.

Cheaper in the 2pk from Amazon:

These will fit all three of signal indicator/high beam indicator/neutral indicator on the right side of the cluster. The speedo side of the cluster uses a generic W5W/W3W you can pick up at your favorite auto parts store. You'll still need the LED specific flasher relay, but most any of those should work (I have 3-4 different ones and all worked fine).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for posting the links. That's exactly what I needed.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts