TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the flasher relay changed on the 2019 models to support LED lights?

When I swapped out the tail flashers, I didn't end up with hyper flash... just a little out of sync but so close to standard blinking intervals it's hard to tell.

It just seemed very apparent on my other motorcycles and truck when I swapped them out that the relay needed to change too, not so much on my 2019 TW...

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
I doubt it. Not much has changed over the years. When going to LED lights, most folks change the flasher and some have to add a diode in there somewhere.

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
If I really wanted to know factual information as to whether Yamaha changed the relay, or for that matter any other part, I would look for any change in the listed part numbers from year to year.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If I really wanted to know factual information as to whether Yamaha changed the relay, or for that matter any other part, I would look for any change in the listed part numbers from year to year.
Thanks Fred, I did try to check that, maybe I'm searching the wrong spot, but I couldn't find a part number for the 2019 flasher, partzilla doesn't have the 2019 parts breakout for the TW.

Any other parts sites I may have missed?

*Edit: or my dumbass could pull the part with the part number printed on it off of my bike... jeez, I'm running extra slow this morning.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
Some recent years may not be listed yet – just as some part numbers differ just because of changes to the connector

Best thing to do, is simply shoot them a mail and ask. That way, if it turns out to be wrong, you can ask for a refund having based your decision of their information. Most companies won’t take back electrical items, but heck, it’s only a flasher unit ….

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is it possible just changing one bulb per side and not the front also was not quite enough change in wattage?

·
Registered
513 Posts
According to RMATV 2019 4MY-83350-02-00 (replaces part #4MY-83350-01-00) which was listed for the 2018

FLASHER RELAY ASSY

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
mine worked ok when only the rear bulbs were changed. try changing a front bulb, that will tell you what you want to know

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks scooter, I'll double check the part # of the relay on my bike and see if it matches.

I'll try a front swap (since I have the whole set), but my suspicion was it changed, there's no mistaking hyper flash and my bike just didn't do it wit the read LED flashers, I'll report back after swapping fronts.

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
The front incadescent bulbs likely had enough impedance to give a near normal flash rate to the turn signal circuit. It doesn't take much resistance. I got a resistor kit of four fancy anodized heat sink equipped resistors but really only one was needed, simply routed both left & right ground leads he front ( could have been rear) through one of these resistors to ground and all worked fine for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts