TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the LED headlight conversion on their TW yet? I just got one for my NC700X and will be getting one for my son's TW and a couple for my ATV.
I didn't find anything using the search, so I thought I would post a thread. Here it is if anyone is interested.
3000 Lumen H4, H6 LED Headlight bulb
30 watts on high beam and 20 on low beam. It is a major pain installing on the NCX, but I will get it done.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
This one looks very interesting, why was it difficult to install on your NC? Could you please post some pics of the install and some night shots? I want to do this for my TW as well, I was looking at this one from Electrical Connection but I'm concerned there won't be enough room.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The spring clip that holds the H-4 retainer plate on the original housing hits the fan housing on the LED light. I pm'd Cyclops about this. He already had a NCX owner do an install and had to improvise.
Here's the link from ADV if you guys haven't seen it. LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules - ADVrider
I looked in for the rules, but didn't see if it was ok to post other forum links here. So if this isn't allowed please remove.
It will be a while before I install this since its not a plug and play.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have googled the search, instead of using this forums search feature. That would have saved us all some time. Thanks!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
LEOs are writing tickets for non-DOT conversion headlight bulbs. Too many complaints about blinding glare from aftermarket bulbs. Choose wisely.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The spring clip that holds the H-4 retainer plate on the original housing hits the fan housing on the LED light. I pm'd Cyclops about this. He already had a NCX owner do an install and had to improvise.
Here' the link from ADV if you guys haven't seen it. LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules - ADVrider
I looked in for the rules, but didn't see if it was ok to post other forum links here. So if this isn't allowed please remove.
It will be a while before I install this since its not a plug and play.
Very interesting thread, I think this one is the winner for me!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very interesting thread, I think this one is the winner for me!
From the reports that I've been reading. These have a pattern like the OEM H-4 that doesn't blind other vehicles like the non projection type HID's. I will get at least three more in the future.
For what its worth, Cyclops customer service has been as good as any I have dealt with.
One other thing is, Cyclops sells these as Off Road only lights. Read the reviews and do what you are comfortable with.
If these are offensive to other drivers/riders. I will pull it in a heart beat. ymmv
I also have a set of ADVMonster M-60's on my bike that go off when other traffic is in site. If another driver/rider blinds me with obnoxious lights, I will burn his retina's out.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone have their headlight out currently and can measure the outside dimensions of the housing? And possibly take pictures? I want to see if the 5x7 trucklite led that is DOT legal will fit as a total replacement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Anyone have their headlight out currently and can measure the outside dimensions of the housing? And possibly take pictures? I want to see if the 5x7 trucklite led that is DOT legal will fit as a total replacement

I would say that outside dimensions of the frame that holds the stock headlight are approximately 7 1/2" x 5 1/4".

100_4066.JPG

100_4068.JPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's unfortunate, have to look at 4x6 options... Which I only know of JW speaker offering in that size at a higher cost

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
There was a report over on the ADV thread, this bulb allegedly fits perfectly in a TW!
It's looking promising. The pics at dusk on ADV were nice and bright. Looking forward to your report & pics if you can.

I know it's advertised at 20/30watts but it would be nice if someone could get an actual amp reading on it. I'm trying to keep things balanced on my '95. I've found that the 12V led lights I use at the cabin vary from the advertised watts when I test them. Usually less draw actually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was simple, minus troubleshooting carb issues that ended up caused by the total loss (failed battery) system I was running. Without the headlights draw the bike wouldn't rev. I've been kicking the Turbo Whale since I put the kick start on.

Mike Aka The Dude Himself

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It was simple, minus troubleshooting carb issues that ended up caused by the total loss (failed battery) system I was running. Without the headlights draw the bike wouldn't rev. I've been kicking the Turbo Whale since I put the kick start on.

Mike Aka The Dude Himself

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
What???...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts