TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I was looking on here for a more affordable alternative to the JNS headlight ended up going my own way and I think it turned out pretty good.

I found the light on Amazon for around 20 CAD. Then it took some basic sheet metal work, screws and some expired Pro-Seal from work. The light is an H4 with a hi-lo beam so it’s just straight plug and play.

Blue Bumper Material property Gas Auto part

Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Wheel Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
23,059 Posts
Admire the creativity, well done! An advantage of this over simple H4 LED bulb replacement is no cooling fan to get squeaky injecting dust or fail.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Admire the creativity, well done! An advantage of this over simple H4 LED bulb replacement is no cooling fan to get squeaky injecting dust or fail.
I installed this one, replacing a more expensive fan-cooled LED lamp that lost the low beam. It has no fan, just cooling fins. Time will tell if it holds up.

EDIT
Found a 2 bulb set for same price PLUS 15% discount just now.

Might be worth it if you have more than one bike or a buddy you could split cost or gift one to.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hey Guys I was looking on here for a more affordable alternative to the JNS headlight ended up going my own way and I think it turned out pretty good.

I found the light on Amazon for around 20 CAD. Then it took some basic sheet metal work, screws and some expired Pro-Seal from work. The light is an H4 with a hi-lo beam so it’s just straight plug and play.

View attachment 226243
View attachment 226240 View attachment 226242
View attachment 226241 View attachment 226245
What kind of beam pattern does it throw? Could you take a photo of the light shining on a garage door for example?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I installed this one, replacing a more expensive fan-cooled LED lamp that lost the low beam. It has no fan, just cooling fins. Time will tell if it holds up.

EDIT
Found a 2 bulb set for same price PLUS 15% discount just now.

Might be worth it if you have more than one bike or a buddy you could split cost or gift one to.
Are you happy so far with this light and how long have you ran it?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Are you happy so far with this light and how long have you ran it?
I just installed it and have not tried it on the road, just on the garage door. Believe it or not, it's been freaking FREEZING here in California. Below 32 at night anyways, and below 50 during the day with high winds. Supposed to be over 90 in less than 40 hours. Ha! We'll see... I'll test it then for effect.
However, I bought it on the recommendation from someone else on the forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just installed it and have not tried it on the road, just on the garage door. Believe it or not, it's been freaking FREEZING here in California. Below 32 at night anyways, and below 50 during the day with high winds. Supposed to be over 90 in less than 40 hours. Ha! We'll see... I'll test it then for effect.
However, I bought it on the recommendation from someone else on the forum.
Would like updates on the light, Thanx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of beam pattern does it throw? Could you take a photo of the light shining on a garage door for example?
I will get a picture of the pattern next time I'm at my buddys where the bike is parked. It is quite bright and throws a nice uniform pattern as the light is designed to be a headlight in a Peterbuilt or Kentworth semi. Rather than the scatter that can happen when throwing a LED bulb in a Halogen housing. Unfortunately I cant take the bike out on the road until July as I'm unable to find insurance for an M1 license here in Ontario so I have to wait to get my M2 as this is my first bike. But when I do get it out for a night ride on the trail I'll make sure to take some pictures.

Secondly another nice part about this light is that it actually has a removable breather cap at the back of the light so if you get any condensation or moisture build up you can simply remove the cap run the light for a bit and it will all flash off, no need to get the drill out. also the light seems to be quite robust as does the cord that it plugs in with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts