TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are lots of led discussions on the forum but I’m still scratching my head with my problem. I went all LED with a JIS led headlight, rear tail light bulb, turn signal bulbs and neutral and high beam led bulbs. I bought an orange adjustable led turn signal relay on Amazon that has a little adjusting screw to adjust the blinker speed. I bought new led bulbs for the rear and I had some old style led 1157 bulbs that I’ve had for at least 7 years. Every thing worked fine but I decided to buy some newer and brighter style 1157 bulbs to replace the older bulbs on the front. Now when I turn on the key, everything is normal. The front signals are in their running setting but when I turn on either turn signal, the rear blinks normally but the front goes to the high setting but will not blink. Does the newer style led bulbs have less resistance? Would a led flasher from super bright led bulbs solve this problem? Do I need to wire in a resistor to the front signals?
Thanks for any advice.
Dirtjet.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Did playing with the flasher screw do anything? I have an orange Amazon cheapo adjustable flasher relay and it works fine. Gotta be related to the new higher output bulbs. If you still have the packaging see what the specs say compared to the old ones. Or go to their website to compare specs.

Matching all four bulbs might be the ultimate answer.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Did playing with the flasher screw do anything? I have an orange Amazon cheapo adjustable flasher relay and it works fine. Gotta be related to the new higher output bulbs. If you still have the packaging see what the specs say compared to the old ones. Or go to their website to compare specs.

Matching all four bulbs might be the ultimate answer.
pull the indicator bulb for the turn signals out and try it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, LEDs pull much less juice so the I would recommend the same bulbs front and back.
The new front bulbs I tried are the same type as the rear ones although the rear are 1156 bulbs (1 filament) and the front are 1157 bulbs (2filaments for running lights and blinker). it’s working now with the older LED bulbs on the front but I was just trying to use the newer and brighter LED bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts