TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a follow-up to this post https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6658-what-have-you-done-your-tw-today-post1007896.html#post1007896 after having a few rides in, I thought I would give a quick update with a brief video to help.

So after last weekends lengthy ride with my son, I ended up with a broken rear turn signal. I rode up on a berm peak waiting for my son and trying to stay out of the way. In a lapse of care, I stopped and went to put my foot down. There was no ground there. I had a 0 mph tip over but it was enough to break the already rough stock rear turn signal. I looked for some cheap replacement options and gave these flexible cheapo LED signals a try. They shipped quick from Kentucky and I mounted them today. I have to say $10 shipped for a set of four and I am pretty impressed. I added some washers for mounting but other than that slight adjustment, they fit great. FYI - what I received was slightly different as the LED pattern was not solid amber, but alternating amber and white bulbs, which in my opinion are even brighter and attention grabbing. If anyone is interested here is the link –>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Univer...r/253822235398

Anyhow, they are certainly brighter than stock incandescent signals and definitely brighter at night. I don't ride road all that much with the TW but these are flexible, smaller, LED and cheap. Here is a quick vid to see what they look like in action.

One thing to note is that my phone did not properly catch the light distyribution. They are alternating amber and white LEDs and that is very evident with the human eye as opposed to this vid. You seriously cannot beat these for $10 shipped for 4!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
$10.00 each which is incredible or $10.00 for four (4)?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, I just received my set of 4 for $10.00 (shipped) in the mail today. They appear to be pretty well made.

View attachment 194654
Ha! Yes, those are the exact ones. I like that they are short, flexible and fairly bright. Well that and they are $10 shipped lol. After cracking a rear signal, I figured “why not” and just replaced all 4.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Do you think there is enough thread on the stalk to also mount they stock TW luggage rack? You would need about 3/16" extra.
Hi Randy,

I don't think that you will have quite enough length to go through the rack, the subframe, and the plastic rear fender. They could probably be made to work if you wanted to enlarge the holes on the rear fender so that the nut would only be securing the rack and the subframe.

Brian

Turn signal mounting length.jpg

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
$10 for all 4! Ships from Kentucky arrived in 2 days for me in SC.
Yeah, definitely a good deal then. I got rid of the stock TW lollypop turn-signals awhile ago. Actually a couple of tree's got rid of them for me.
You know they are the same exact ones found on a 2018-19 XT250 and all XT225's? Yamaha is really getting they money's worth out of that supplier, Ha.

I already have the shorty incandescent signals from Procycle on the TW but looking for some cheap LED's for another bike.
Did you need to add a capacitor or relay for them to work or are they "wire & play" and work exactly (faster or slower) using the stock flasher?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, definitely a good deal then. I got rid of the stock TW lollypop turn-signals awhile ago. Actually a couple of tree's got rid of them for me.
You know they are the same exact ones found on a 2018-19 XT250 and all XT225's? Yamaha is really getting they money's worth out of that supplier, Ha.

I already have the shorty incandescent signals from Procycle on the TW but looking for some cheap LED's for another bike.
Did you need to add a capacitor or relay for them to work or are they "wire & play" and work exactly (faster or slower) using the stock flasher?
Because of the "blinking" pattern shown in the quick vid I posted above, they work perfectly (IMO) without any relay or resistor. Take a look at the vid and see if that speed is ok with your liking.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I did see it and without anything extra that's pretty darn good.
I just ordered. Ridiculously great deal. Thank-you for posting.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In an attention-compromised age when images are instant and prevalent, the creative design process of modern Chinese turn signals serve as a contradiction, acting as a conduit for the mark of the original, individual. Not only that but they also illustrate how Chinese turn signal designers have reanimated techniques and forms using other sources that are appropriated from popular culture, photography, and collage, essentially creating a new variation of the traditional and socially acceptable lollipop style turn signals.

Hence what one may find ugly, others appreciate as stunning. And $10 feckin dollars to replace a stock cracked one :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
As a follow-up to this post https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6658-what-have-you-done-your-tw-today-post1007896.html#post1007896 after having a few rides in, I thought I would give a quick update with a brief video to help.

So after last weekends lengthy ride with my son, I ended up with a broken rear turn signal. I rode up on a berm peak waiting for my son and trying to stay out of the way. In a lapse of care, I stopped and went to put my foot down. There was no ground there. I had a 0 mph tip over but it was enough to break the already rough stock rear turn signal. I looked for some cheap replacement options and gave these flexible cheapo LED signals a try. They shipped quick from Kentucky and I mounted them today. I have to say $10 shipped for a set of four and I am pretty impressed. I added some washers for mounting but other than that slight adjustment, they fit great. FYI - what I received was slightly different as the LED pattern was not solid amber, but alternating amber and white bulbs, which in my opinion are even brighter and attention grabbing. If anyone is interested here is the link —>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Univer...r/253822235398

Anyhow, they are certainly brighter than stock incandescent signals and definitely brighter at night. I don't ride road all that much with the TW but these are flexible, smaller, LED and cheap. Here is a quick vid to see what they look like in action.

One thing to note is that my phone did not properly catch the light distyribution. They are alternating amber and white LEDs and that is very evident with the human eye as opposed to this vid. You seriously cannot beat these for $10 shipped for 4!

Well Sir,
You either got lucky or, you just plain bought a better set than I just did. Before I saw your write up here and video, I'd already done a bit of research and found what appears to be, an almost exact same set only, I paid $15.99 on Amazon for mine. They are supposed to be, just like yours, in the fact that they are "sequential" (kind-a like the old Cougar cars and newer model Mustangs). But, when I hooked only one up, the right rear one, it just flashes a little on the left side but, does not "sequence" like yours. Hmmmm, not sure here. I might have to add some form of a resistor to the positive line, near the signal. I got some hanging around so, I might give them a try. I'm still kinda new here so, I don't know if I'm aloud to post a short, 5 second video of mine in action. You'd get a better idea of how it's operating instead of me telling you. I sure like yours and, the ad for mine was stipulating that mine are to act the same as yours but, ain't happening.
Scott

P.S. Well, I still don't know how to upload a video. Tried it several times on various forums and it never works. Oh well. Suffice to say, my LED turn signal does now work like yours. I don't know if it makes a difference if only ONE is hooked up or not.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts