TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after thinking about it for about a week I just had to do it. I saw my first TW a week ago and thought it was the coolest bike ever. Then spent hours reading all I could on here. I was thinking used at first but I really want to break it in and take care of it my way. Plus those suckers are willing to finance it for me! Hope to pick it up Saturday! I'm pretty excited to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
Ohhh exciting!! A new bike!! :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
You will enjoy it. Fun bikes. What colors are the brand new ones now?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well after thinking about it for about a week I just had to do it. I saw my first TW a week ago and thought it was the coolest bike ever. Then spent hours reading all I could on here. I was thinking used at first but I really want to break it in and take care of it my way. Plus those suckers are willing to finance it for me! Hope to pick it up Saturday! I'm pretty excited to say the least.
Nice Good for you , I'm hoping to do the same soon, but used

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
First question......did you test ride this bike?

Second question.......if not have you ever ridden a TW long enough to know how slow it is in first gear and the nature of the gearing?

If not, I would recommend you determine type of riding you will do and then figure if you need sprocket change to help you get going quick enough in traffic
etc. I'm changing mine on this new bike I have and I have owned 4 TW's and never done a sprocket change so far.

My thought is what is your riding skills and time on bikes?

If you are a newbie that is cool.
If you are experienced that is cool because you know what you are getting yourself into.

I loved my first TW the moment I laid eyes on it. My dealer dismissed it as an "agricultural bike" and didn't think it deserved my time given I was trading in a new sport
bike I hated and wanted something fun and in a price range I could trade for.
I loved the TW and still do. Great bikes with loads of potential.

Have fun. You will enjoy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First question......did you test ride this bike?

Second question.......if not have you ever ridden a TW long enough to know how slow it is in first gear and the nature of the gearing?

If not, I would recommend you determine type of riding you will do and then figure if you need sprocket change to help you get going quick enough in traffic
etc. I'm changing mine on this new bike I have and I have owned 4 TW's and never done a sprocket change so far.

My thought is what is your riding skills and time on bikes?

If you are a newbie that is cool.
If you are experienced that is cool because you know what you are getting yourself into.

I loved my first TW the moment I laid eyes on it. My dealer dismissed it as an "agricultural bike" and didn't think it deserved my time given I was trading in a new sport
bike I hated and wanted something fun and in a price range I could trade for.
I loved the TW and still do. Great bikes with loads of potential.

Have fun. You will enjoy!
My bike experience is dirt, dirt and more dirt. Never owned a street bike. I think what appeals to me about the TW is the easy going pace it lends itself to. I have no desire to wheelie or skim across the top of a whoop section any more. No I didn't test ride but I'm going to gamble as it seems like what I have been looking for.

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
" I think what appeals to me about the TW is the easy going pace it lends itself to" - Welcome to the club! Think you shall be pleased with your purchase.
Some folks are obsessive about break-in procedures during first five or six
hundred miles. I think just avoid overheating and sustained high rpms. Rather use lots of varying throttle input and your new TW should give years of trouble free fun.

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
Fred; when was the last time you went at a easy going pace??? LOL ha ha:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts