TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUT2.8cmxIN1.9cmx01.mm
I took out the rear wheel and the inner/outer diameter equals the rear axle's dimensions.
However I cannot find it on the exploded view diagrams anywhere.

It is a very thin washer ring. So where does it go?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that may actually belong under the swingarm side seals. Sounds like the swingarm spacing adjustment washer. Maybe someone stuck it in in the wrong spot?
@ Chris, yes that was the one.
This was the one in between #31 and the swingarm.
I will buy one for the other side #18 as that one is missing.
Thanks. Yamaha did not put it there for no reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
@ Chris, yes that was the one.
This was the one in between #31 and the swingarm.
I will buy one for the other side #18 as that one is missing.
Thanks. Yamaha did not put it there for no reason.
I was thinking of #8 here https://tw200.org/manuals/tw200_2008-parts.pdf page C14 #8

Font Parallel Slope Engineering Diagram

It's not always required, and usually it's only under one side. Check the service manual pdf. There's a procedure for measuring if the washer is required and how many and which side to put it under.

If #18 in your pdf is missing, it should be nearly 30mm of space between the brake and the swingarm! There should be no washers between the wheel spacers and the inside of the swingarm, it would be very difficult to install there. There is a little dust cover, plastic, on the sprocket side spacer though, that just presses onto the spacer with finger pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.
Yes I stumbled upon this washer while degreasing the swingarm for a repaint.
Now I know.
So i guess when I put everything together the washer will keep the play within specs.
Swingarm side play (at the end
of the swingarm)
1.0 mm

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks.
Yes I stumbled upon this washer while degreasing the swingarm for a repaint.
Now I know.
So i guess when I put everything together the washer will keep the play within specs.
Swingarm side play (at the end
of the swingarm)
1.0 mm
degreasing for paint, that's something I should probably do. Last time I did some welding on it I just sprayed some gray paint straight over it, over all of the dirt and mud and everything :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts