TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model# 10acc-024-230-02.
I need a capacitor. Lennox website / dealerships are to tight lipped about info to help , but will gladly send a tech to my house for $100.....then, the fun begins. The old capacitor is rusted and can't define any data info from it. Without going through about 30 minutes of typing regarding how I know it's the capacitor. ....I know it's the capacitor.
Any part number would be greatly appreciated.
To hell with Lennox......never again.
This ac unit is 12 years old......fyi. TIA.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Is it a start or run capacitor? for motor or Compressor? air only- Heat pump- Gas pack?

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Is it popping the main breaker or blowing the pull out fuses?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Model# 10acc-024-230-02.
I need a capacitor. Lennox website / dealerships are to tight lipped about info to help , but will gladly send a tech to my house for $100.....then, the fun begins. The old capacitor is rusted and can't define any data info from it. Without going through about 30 minutes of typing regarding how I know it's the capacitor. ....I know it's the capacitor.
Any part number would be greatly appreciated.
To hell with Lennox......never again.
This ac unit is 12 years old......fyi. TIA.
Here you go.

http://www.amazon.com/GE-Genteq-Capacitor-Z97F9856-97F9856/dp/B00BY94N5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444709135&sr=8-1&keywords=ge+capacitor+97f9856

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Find a parts house that sales to the public take the capacitor in and say I need one of these.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Find a parts house that sales to the public take the capacitor in and say I need one of these.
Yeah that, I have a Grainger a few miles from the house..............they have everything and thats what I do...................I need one of these..........I can offer no other input :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all reply s.
No breakers tripping. Thus is a dual capacitor.....for compressor & condenser fan. Without data off of OEM capacitor, there's no way I know of to cross reference part numbers. My reasoning was in hopes that , by chance, someone had the same Lennox model I have and has had the same issue ; replacement capacitor number. Replacing with an inappropriate rated capacitor, could lead to additional electrical woes. ......unless I'm over thinking this issue. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Thank you for all reply s.
No breakers tripping. Thus is a dual capacitor.....for compressor & condenser fan. Without data off of OEM capacitor, there's no way I know of to cross reference part numbers. My reasoning was in hopes that , by chance, someone had the same Lennox model I have and has had the same issue ; replacement capacitor number. Replacing with an inappropriate rated capacitor, could lead to additional electrical woes. ......unless I'm over thinking this issue. Thanks for the responses.
I pulled the part number off of a tech website that helps homeowners. It was a technical question specifically about the capacitor on YOUR model unit. If the link I provided to purchase that is the wrong part you are out $21. Good luck with your unit.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts