TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a no title tw200 with good running engine/fresh carb clean out. Its the light blue one so guessing about late 90's?? Missing seat but looks pretty complete. Will be parting it out to my good friends here in the norcal gang (okay probably anyone on this great forum but going to give first shot to my local riding buddies....). The local motorcycle shop here showed it to me about 3 months ago but been super busy and been thinking about it.... Have never parted out a bike so should be fun.....Will pick it up tomorrow and take pics which I should be able to post this weekend or next week.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
and Brian, should you get the engine, I would be interested in the kick starter if you were to part with it. And my feeling won't be hurt if you don't want too.:p

Kris

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
11 minutes to respond? brian you're slowing down!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LOL, Brian. I saw your ad in Craigs list so knew you would be first to reply.....engine and carb are yours....Let me check bike over when I get it here and We'll strike up a deal.....(of course you'll get the riding buddy discount). Hey a light bulb just when on in my head. Host another wrench and ride party and I'll bring the parts bike over (along with the black widow for riding) for a engine removal and complete teardown of sellable parts. We'll be like a wake of vultures on this TW.... Anyone attending will be sure to get a good deal on any used part they need.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
and Brian, should you get the engine, I would be interested in the kick starter if you were to part with it. And my feeling won't be hurt if you don't want too.:p

Kris
Hey Admiral,

You are second in line (after Joemama) for the next available kickers that I come across.

Brian

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
LOL, Brian. I saw your ad in Craigs list so knew you would be first to reply.....engine and carb are yours....Let me check bike over when I get it here and We'll strike up a deal.....(of course you'll get the riding buddy discount). Hey a light bulb just when on in my head. Host another wrench and ride party and I'll bring the parts bike over (along with the black widow for riding) for a engine removal and complete teardown of sellable parts. We'll be like a wake of vultures on this TW.... Anyone attending will be sure to get a good deal on any used part they need.
I really like your idea of having another Wrench and Ride to cannibalize this bike!

Attendees can reserve the parts that they are interested in and we can collectively tear it apart. Sounds like a painless way for you to part this bike out and take home a few nickels. (I have an '87 parts bike that I may also throw into the feeding frenzy if it looks like there are enough bottom feeders interested!)

Brian

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picking up bike tomorrow at noon and will snap some pics of it. Looking forward to the next Wrench and ride. We will of course run the engine before removal to make sure its good. Motorcycle shop says it runs and doesn't smoke (I've known this shop and owner for years and very honest). Hopefully weather won't spoil whatever date we come up with. Daylight saving is next month on the 9th so then or the next weekend?

·
Registered
52 Posts
What color is seat?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a small list of parts I need to rebuild my TW if you are willing to ship.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joe, don't recall it having a rack on it but will know at noon.

·
Registered
925 Posts
A TW Swap Meet and Tear-down. Fantastic!! Too bad I am in Montana. If I happen to be visiting relatives in Sacramento then, I will attend!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Would love to buy the "PROTECTOR, MUFFLER 2" (muffler guard closest to the can) if it's available!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You are second in line (after Joemama) for the next available kickers that I come across.
Ooo, what is the price of admission to this list?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts