1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Wow! I have almost every one of the above on original vinyl and on real cold winter nights we fire up the stereo, sit down stairs in front of a warm fire and do concerts. Vintage audio is another hobby of mine.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
A potentially dangerous subject...like politics!
But hands down, my favorite motorcycle related song:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Wow! I have almost every one of the above on original vinyl and on real cold winter nights we fire up the stereo, sit down stairs in front of a warm fire and do concerts. Vintage audio is another hobby of mine.
Ok, I'm going to take a wild guess...Pioneer PL518 turntable?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Ok, I'm going to take a wild guess...Pioneer PL518 turntable?
Luxman PD121 with Denon MC cartridge and transformer and a Technique SL1200. Sansui G-9000 and G-8000 receivers and Altec Model 19 speakers on both.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

Speaking of guys whom I don't like politically, but enjoyed his early music....a Hoosier named John "Cougar" Mellonhead...er Kamp

and another "Small Town" Video by country music singer song writher Hal Ketchum:

oops, the links got reversed, but you can figure out which is which :p

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had to check 3 times, I can't believe "Whiter Shade of Pale" was not on my iPod. It is now. Marshall Tucker and Merle certainly are.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
^^^Whiter Shade^^^was for sure one of my favorites out of the 60s, but damn Borneo beat me to it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I won the USAF Talent contest with this song in 1977. Won in Biloxi MS advanced to Lackland TX and won I lost first place at McGuire AFB NJ to a to a Tenor Sax player that would impress Boots Randolph. Charlie was my idol I bought all the albums I could find in 1975 I practiced his songs until I had them down. Never quite as good as Charlie that man is an incredible musician.

I rolled out of Biloxi in my 1955 Chevy one summer headed home on leave. I was driving through Alabama twisting the dials on my AM radio looking for a station and a Commerical came on from Sunny Vale Trailer Park. They were featuring Charlie McCoy as it turned out it was 2 miles ahead of me. I spent the day listening to his magic.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I loved listing to hard rock and heavy metal till I was on a long flight from LAX to Fiji about 15 years back the only music I could find was country Shania, Dixie chicks, faith,Martina and a few more the reel kept repeating it's self I feel asleep and was brain washed from that point on I never listen to hard rock it is now George Strait.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts