TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, like elime I was the recipient of a foul language personal keyboard attack about my thoughts on chain maintenance. Trying to be humorous at the time, I mentioned something about Nun's & qwerty and ruler slapping wrists or back of hands which wasn't well received. Since then I've tried (not always succeeded) to show kindness or be a little less sarcastic towards others.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't he teach Ken Block everything he knew about truck driving?
At the very least, I'm sure he threw out some pointers from personal experience. (I say sarcastically). :D

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
Purple, your comment would have likely earned you a vile response and derogatory comments about your questionable ancestry.
That's what I mean - fun ..... ;)

I can take it on the chin - besides, all you have to say is "pics or it didn't happen", and he's stuffed

Barring the odd truck barreling through Moab at night, no problem :D

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
Yeah - I just missed his time here - but I'm more than familiar with some of the stuff he used to get up to - and some of it was "unpleasant"

But as I said above, take it on the chin and it vaporises (much like TW1 and TW2)

·
Registered
20,157 Posts
While we are all capable of taking it on the chin now and then there were entirely too many interesting topics under discussion that got shut down with a final insulting post from that guy. Sure, we would have liked to keep the discussions going with input from everyone but it became just too unpleasant to resume conversations after some of his posts, we just went elsewhere and another thread would die an ugly embarrassing death.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
While we are all capable of taking it on the chin now and then there were entirely too many interesting topics under discussion that got shut down with a final insulting post from that guy. Sure, we would have liked to keep the discussions going with input from everyone but it became just too unpleasant to resume conversations after some of his posts, we just went elsewhere and another thread would die an ugly embarrassing death.
Fair point ....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does his forum name begin with Q? This is kind of scary. It's my understanding that he could do anything and everything ,but maintain his membership to the forum in good standing. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D
I’ve only been on the forum a relatively short time, attracted to the broad range of technical information and gracious information sharing.

In my research here I have read everything “he who shall not be named “ contributed. I have made paper copies of his advice on modding the Harbor Freight trailer and other matters of my interest.

I have never been the target of near sociopathic behavior and I understand why he was shown the door. My question is: are his contributions credible?

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MOAB MEMBER QUIZ---------Match numbers name to lettered slogan.

1) Lizerbrth. _____ A) Never in the history of mankind have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

2) Purple People Eater. _____ Broke the axel jumping it.

3) James. _____ C) (WARNING). Forum may contain nuts

4) BikerJosh. _____ D) Me and my white mule.

5) Gerry. _____E) I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

6)Elime. _____ F) When in doubt, gas it....!

7) Rainman. _____ G) ATTITUDE--- The difference between ordeal and adventure.

8) Purple. _____ H) Not all men are capable of greatness, but all posses Toughness.

9) SkiPro. _____ I) Take care my friend

10) WerLoc. _____J) At first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

11) SanDue. _____K) If you can't find it, grind it.

12) Jon62602. _____ L) Long live the internal combustion engine.

13) Dryden - Tdub. _____ M) Ones destination is never a place, but new way of looking at things.

14) White Mule. ______ N) The Bear Slayer.

15) HenryJ. _____ O) See you there unless you see us first.

16) GaryL. ______P) In memory of our fallen Heros, Lizrdbrth, TWisty, Roninboise.

17)TWilight. ______Q) Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing.

18)Potski. ______ R) Twelve rules will get you through life.

19)Darth. ______ S) Its like warm apple pie.

20) Mountain Redbelly. ______ T) Lights, Camara, Traction--------Lets Ride.

21) Littletommy. ______U) The less horse power a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.

22)Borneo. ______V) I live for this

23) Fred. ______W) If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.

24) LRPPCER. _____ X) I ride my slow bike fast and my fast bike slow.

25) Placerlode. _____ Y) Meet me in the creek
This is a better version of "Who am I" than what I started the thread with. This one will be more fun.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I actually miss qwerty. He hammered me on just about every post and I fully enjoyed nailing him back. Hoot and I had finally decided he was a 18 year old BSer and living in hiss mothers basement driving around his Hess truck. His TW 2 could do 80 - 90 MPH and had all the coolest upgrades including fuel injection but he never had a digital camera to show any pictures of the beast. We have never since had another member so FOS! The regret is that he was such an offensive AH and as soon as he jumped in any thread we all knew it would be locked in short order. Purple and LT would be doing double time keeping threads clean and civil if he were still here. I think he is currently working on Hillary's next presidential campaign.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts