TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to single stack our current debt in fresh new one dollar bills; it would be 1.1 million miles high.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Everybody is all worried about the fiscal cliff but nobody is looking at the problem.. Our leaders are like a spoiled kid with credit cards with no care about paying them. We are in some serious poo and these clowns just keep kicking the can down the street. They want to push more of their spreading the wealth "social justice bs" and give more to those who dont work. Its sad because for the most part people my age and younger have been brainwashed with this BS that they are entitiled to everything and of course they are victims. The biggest problem is that most of america is ignorant as to what is going on or dont care. All they care about is football, basketball, american idol and drinking a beer. They dont even realize the bailouts were the biggest theft of money in the history of the world and they dont even realize its

Coming out of their pockets and their kids pockets. The question is how long can we go before we collapse? Heard a joke the other day. "you know why Romney lost the election? Because he said he would put americans back to work and 51% of the people said f%#k that." i guess all we can do is to get involved and have some hope.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get involved? Politics ain't gonna cut it anymore. It'll take a civil war to wrest back any sort of control. I think we're in way too deep to "talk" about fixing it. Our engine is a smoking heap of slag, and no one wants to push the bike.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Let's not... theres not enough time in the say to rant about the b.s. going on in washington. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's going on in Washington is NOT bs; it's rape of our country.

Our debt in seconds instead of dollars would be half a million years.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't want to start an argument or participate in one, but just to set the record straight, the US government just sold it's last batch of AIG stock from the bailout and netted a profit of $22.7 billion on their initial bailout investment of AIG for $182 billion (about a 12 1/2 % profit), and they made about $25 billion on their bailout of GM. Nobody really lost any money and the overall economy improved and we were all saved from a bigger disaster. And who caused that whole problem? - the most wealthy individuals and large corporations, out of their own greed for more money.

The biggest problem is the inequality of wealth distribution in this country and the ease of buying legislators and not regulating the banking, mortgage, insurance, investment, and other predatory industries, and the assault on labor and unions to keep the common man down, and the absolute BS of lowering taxes on the rich and on corporations to create jobs and benefit the middle class. If you could clean up congress and get people who are serious about doing what's right for the country instead of just trying to get re-elected again, we would all be better off and there would be less need for "entitlements".

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't want to start an argument or participate in one, but just to set the record straight, the US government just sold it's last batch of AIG stock from the bailout and netted a profit of $22.7 billion on their initial bailout investment of AIG for $182 billion (about a 12 1/2 % profit), and they made about $25 billion on their bailout of GM. Nobody really lost any money and the overall economy improved and we were all saved from a bigger disaster. And who caused that whole problem? - the most wealthy individuals and large corporations, out of their own greed for more money.

The biggest problem is the inequality of wealth distribution in this country and the ease of buying legislators and not regulating the banking, mortgage, insurance, investment, and other predatory industries, and the assault on labor and unions to keep the common man down, and the absolute BS of lowering taxes on the rich and on corporations to create jobs and benefit the middle class. If you could clean up congress and get people who are serious about doing what's right for the country instead of just trying to get re-elected again, we would all be better off and there would be less need for "entitlements".

Preach it brother... right there with you.

However, I don;t wanna screw this site up with politics, religion, 2nd amendment, etc...

Once you go down that road...

·
Registered
239 Posts

Well stated and reflects my feelings.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This country was founded on religious and personal freedom. But it grew to be the greatest and wealthiest nation on earth because of greed. That and the abundant blessings of GOD. No where in our Bible or our great Constitution is the phrase "inequality of wealth distribution" mentioned. I think that is probably found in the writings of Karl Marx.

One trillion one dollar bills stretched end to end would very nearly reach the Sun.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
When our "elected officials" worry more about getting the job done they were hired to do and less about who gets the credit, who gets the blame, and if they will get re-elected, they will be able to focus on fixing these problems. None of us would last very long at our jobs if we performed like these clowns. I'm sick to death of the partisan bickering. As the saying goes - "Git 'er Done!"

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No where in our Bible or our great Constitution is the phrase "inequality of wealth distribution" mentioned. I think that is probably found in the writings of Karl Marx.

These topics aren't really my thing, but I had to get in on the Marx bit. While the guy did write about things like that, it was most definitely in a negative light. His predicted "ism's" were centered on equality, problem being that some guys dug some old books up later and forced this equality to happen, meaning they were in a position of power to keep it going, voiding their own system.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Let's try to make sense of our current national debt

If you were to single stack our current debt in fresh new one dollar bills; it would be 1.1 million miles high.

At the time I am writing this, for the US national debt you could buy 3,384,833,960 brand new 2013 TW200s at full MSRP each equipped with a rear Cycleracks and a new Shinko 244 front tire.

That is enough so that every person on earth could have 2 TWs!

What fun we would have!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's going on in Washington is NOT bs; it's rape of our country.

Our debt in seconds instead of dollars would be half a million years.

The total liabilities that are owed by our government is more than all the money in the world. To make matters worse they are digitally monetizing the debt. put simply they are just printing money which will not end well. It is easy to understand,.. say you have a very nice pearl necklace it would be worth about a thousand dollars. Then lets say you had 1.6 trillion pearl necklaces, they would be as worthless as Mardi Gras trinkets. That my freind is where we are going if the powers to be are not careful.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Definitely agree except i think we are past the point of no return." i hope not". Now they are in the process of going for guns. What better time than before a collapse. I cant stand the government media complex that has done nothing but lie and try an use this school killing as a way to ban semi-auto's. I just hear yesterday that the kid used four pistols and left his ar15 in the car. The media just wants to lie and use this with stupid peoples emotions to try and take them. They say oh ar-15's are only for killing, nobody hunts with them. Thats total bs also. They are very widely used across the US for coyote hunting and other varmits. Thats all a 5.56/223 is really designed for anyway. Some states you can hunt deer with them but alot of states say its not a big enough bullet for deer. Manufacturers make different caliber barrels you can put on an AR and deer hunt with. For instance here in indiana you can use some big pistol barrels and hunt deer with them. Its probablt the most widely used gun in outdoor shooting competitions in the US. They are used in multiple different classes. Its sad that people are so stupid to think its just a killing machine because its

Black and the media makes it

Look evil. A shotgun slug has 2-3 times the energy of a ar15/223. A person could do some serious damage with a 12gauge semi-auto or pump shotgun loaded up with 00 buckshot. But then again i know they arent concerned about safety its about disarming the people. Look what Hitler did, he banned guns a few years before the holocost in the name of the peoples safety. I know why they didnt try to invade Switzerland.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts