TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winding down my last two weeks of school in Boston. The whole six months I've been here I've been dreaming about Idaho and my TW. I cant imagine living anywhere else. I grew up in the northeast, but Idaho and the northwest are my home. Coming home is the greatest feeling. Don't ever leave your happy place. The rides and camping trips I want to make have kept me going. Don't stray too far away from your heart. It hurts.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I lived in Boston about of 5 years. A great town to be young in, or at least it was in the early 70's. And New England is pretty nice too -- I spent a lot of time in New Hampshire and some time in Maine. I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life there but I can easily see how other would. While there I decided to come back to California. I love California but hate what has happened its politics and the over crowding. Oh well. It was really a great place for most of my life. I will have to be satisfied with that.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Winding down my last two weeks of school in Boston. The whole six months I've been here I've been dreaming about Idaho and my TW. I cant imagine living anywhere else. I grew up in the northeast, but Idaho and the northwest are my home. Coming home is the greatest feeling. Don't ever leave your happy place. The rides and camping trips I want to make have kept me going. Don't stray too far away from your heart. It hurts.
Congrats on finishing school.... I know just how you feel about finding your "happy place", I feel like that about the PNW. I doubt I will ever want to live anywhere else and I have trouble understanding why anyone else would :D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

Wish I'd known, Toecutter.....We're an hour south of Boston, and I have a loaner TW. We could have scratched that itch!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are u from Rhodetrip? Im guessing Rhode Island. I grew up in dartmouth, bout an hour south, just a slightly different direction. Only have to take the T intothe city two more times. Packed like cattle on a train is no way to live.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Hi Toecutter,

If you had to relocate from the east coast you sure picked a great place. I've been up north a ton of times but this year was the first time on our TW's. We based our rides out of Avery and rode to Wallace one day and Clarkia another day. Well, me and Mrs. Admiral spent the first, first day riding by ourselves.

Here is Middle Sister Lookout SE of Avery

And this was the group which came from Idaho, Washington, Montanna, and California

The old railroad tunnels on Moon Pass road were great though I wish there were more

Yep, you are coming back to a great riding area.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Where are u from Rhodetrip? Im guessing Rhode Island. I grew up in dartmouth, bout an hour south, just a slightly different direction. Only have to take the T intothe city two more times. Packed like cattle on a train is no way to live.
I'm in Coventry, RI. Lots of riding around here. Went to High School in Somerset, Ma. Spent a year at UMass Dartmouth. Yeah...commuting is crazy...I live a couple of miles from work, by backroads.

As for the New England song (which was pretty funny btw), i notice he didnt mention getting to the northwest, i imagine he never would have written the song if he did hahaha
Ha, ha. Good Point. I've been to Idaho: http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/32202-admirals-house-las-vegas-via-russ-rally.html

But unfortunately didn't make it up north due to mechanical troubles. If I did, maybe I'd be singing a different tune, too!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
....... I cant imagine living anywhere else. I grew up in the northeast, but Idaho and the northwest are my home. .....
Same story here, Nathan. I left in 1967 and never went back. After 20 years in Colorado, then 15 years in Hood River, I retired here in Idaho and I"m not leaving.....except in a casket. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heck yeah! I'm never leaving again. I knew I loved every bit of it, but until I left for the east coast I didn't know the depth of it.

Coventry? That's great. My dad rides trials over in Exeter. Absolutely gorgeous area!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Coventry? That's great. My dad rides trials over in Exeter. Absolutely gorgeous area!
That's practically my backyard. Had the FIM World Championship there a year or so ago....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Very Nice! (and I'm a bit of a metalsmith myself)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I need to visit RI Cool area :D
The Trials Area is located in Arcadia State Forest, Rhode Island, which is contiguous with Pachaug State Forest in Connecticut. We can ride from Mt. Misery Campground to the Trails Area, and well beyond, on almost all dirt. Some of that ride is shown in the video I posted on the other thread. (the deep mud puddles at the beginning are on the road to get there)

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/33338-anyone-know-pachaug-state-forest-connecticut-2.html#post482177[/video]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I gotta clarify, my dad made the trophy, and when i told him i posted a pic he said to mention that he only did the metal, someone else did the wood. He didnt want to be stealing all the credit.
Im more of a sharp and stabby kinda fabricator :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts