TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am rolling around to my 69th year on the planet. Can't say it has been a smooth ride, or always fun. As one racks up the years, you come to realize, it is what it IS. This is not to suggest that everyday one is likely to walk looking at all the cracks in the sidewalk, not at ALL, but it is a hill that sometimes requires 'first-gear'. This morning (Valentines Day) I gave Saskia outward indicators or my respect, appreciation and LOVE for her. I said, 'Happy Halloween', here you are. You likely chuckle, reasonable, we did as well. Unfortunately, as most of you 'older' folks realize, this may be a dark cloud on my horizon. Not sure what's up, or what I can/will do about it. Passed my first test for Alzheimer's last week and will be be speaking to a Neurologist in a couple of weeks. Likely for another test and an assessment of my MRI and the possibility of Parkinson's. Not looking for sympathy, just needed to think 'out-loud'. Mentioned recently in a post, "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug". Perception is, your choice. If you can't remember if you just showered, feel your hair. If it is wet, you likely have just showered (;)). In any event, I blame you folks for making me think of all those weird TW mods. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are going through Gerry, but always know I love ya bro and if you ever just want to talk to a friend and unload, I'm here for you anytime.
Am rolling around to my 69th year on the planet. Can't say it has been a smooth ride, or always fun. As one racks up the years, you come to realize, it is what it IS. This is not to suggest that everyday one is likely to walk looking at all the cracks in the sidewalk, not at ALL, but it is a hill that sometimes requires 'first-gear'. This morning (Valentines Day) I gave Saskia outward indicators or my respect, appreciation and LOVE for her. I said, 'Happy Halloween', here you are. You likely chuckle, reasonable, we did as well. Unfortunately, as most of you 'older' folks realize, this may be a dark cloud on my horizon. Not sure what's up, or what I can/will do about it. Passed my first test for Alzheimer's last week and will be be speaking to a Neurologist in a couple of weeks. Likely for another test and an assessment of my MRI and the possibility of Parkinson's. Not looking for sympathy, just needed to think 'out-loud'. Mentioned recently in a post, "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug". Perception is, your choice. If you can't remember if you just showered, feel your hair. If it is wet, you likely have just showered (;)). In any event, I blame you folks for making me think of all those weird TW mods. Take care.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Hopefully the docs can hook you up with something that helps. Medical advances are always getting better. My back was hurt so bad at one point I thought I may possibly end up not walking. I did heal up. That is very upsetting not knowing what tomorrow brings. Hang in there and PM if you need to talk.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Gerry, happy birthday! You said 69, hehe. What can I say, you are a source of knowledge, humor, naked picture fear, and you are held in a position of the utmost respect here. I wish you the best, my friend, on life's bumps in the road, whether those be on a TW, an XT or in an MRI tube. "When in doubt, throttle out."

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
Gerry - that's still no excuse for the naked pictures you posted earlier (I'm still in therapy over those) .....

Don't stress over this particular slip of the tongue - you'll be fine - sometimes fear of the possible is worse than the actual truth (I've made worse slip ups in my thirties) ......

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off, I would like to say "Thank You" to each and everyone of you. A special Shout-Out to SanDue for the perfect video for life's tougher moments, had to chuckle. Certainly, we all have freekish, if not embarrassing memory lapses. A few years ago, I posted about unhitching my trailer and THEN proceeding to 'roll' my TW down the ramp. In short order, the tongue lifted off the ball as to suggest I better rethink my plan. My post afforded many of our friends to share and giggle at their/our 'senior' moment(s). My perception is not a result of a couple of moments. Now, I do not use the stove unless the timer has been set. A couple of 'wake-up' calls suggested repeats could not be allowed. Do the same with the soldering iron in the shop. When activated, an empty solder spool is placed next to the shop door as a reminder. My drill press chuck key is now bungee corded to MAKE it remove itself. Yesterday, when I wished Saskia Happy Halloween (on Valentines day) we decided to treat ourselves to a shopping trip. Seems I tried to see if my Ford Ranger could back out of the carport in "D". No harm, no foul, but all in all, disconcerting..... This conundrum is not mine alone, hope that my sharing might help others. Will not post anymore unless Dr.'s provide something close to definitive. Thanks again to you ALL. Always (try) to look on the bright side.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Remember my dad telling me that he was standing at walmart in the car service department watching them change his oil one day and everything about it just felt weird. All of the sudden it hit him he stood there in the very same spot the day before and done the same thing. Same guy changing the oil and him leaning on the same rail. Said he just had to chuckle and think, what the hell, sure ain't gonna hurt it any and can't blame them for not telling him. :) They are there to change oil. Wishing you the best. :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Oh man that made me laugh.

Ok I have my own stupid stories but i am going to share the one about my parents. My dad took my mom shopping and was waiting in the car for her. After 1/2 an hour he went into the store to see what was taking so long but couldn't find her so heads back out to his Pontiac Parisienne and spots her sitting in a Lada (little Russian car) so he goes over opens the door and asks her what she is doing. She says what am I doing , your the one walking around the parking lot like your lost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts