TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just got done tightening my chain. Used a floor jack and a piece of 2x4 to lift the rear wheel. Pretty unstable.

Wondering what others have come up with for a more stable platform to work on bike.

And also would like to know if anybody makes a center stand that fits a TW?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have set a 2x8 on top of a milk crate to work on a honda crf 150 and broke the milk crate. The tw is quite a bit heavier. Looking for some good ideas for not a lot of money. I guess its time to break out the skill saw

·
Registered
174 Posts
rear paddle stand for rear work is great but font fork stands don't really work on the front so i use a standard 1500 lbs atv jack to lift the whole thing up when needed. I put a 2x4 on its 2" side and the other rests right infront of the starter motor. pretty stable with a strap around it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Milk Crates that my uncle always used BITD was made out of metal. They are hard to find. The one I am using is for filing paperwork, pretty heavy duty. I think a cheap plastic one would break for sure. Jim

·
Registered
852 Posts
There are more professional ways to do things but ive gotten by floor jacking up under the skid plate and then the bike sits in a tripod configuration of front wheel, kickstand, jack.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
IMG_20170106_1942023_rewind.jpg
I use a plastic stool/tool box. I pick up the backend and sling it over or push it up boards until it is high enough, push the stool under and kick the boards out.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I put three pieces of @ 1/2 osb that I had laying around one inside and two on the outside of the bottom of a milk crate. Dry wall screwed together. Works for me and then I use it to carry bike stuff in my truck while out riding. I need two on the bottom to lift it high enough.

20170115_003152.jpg

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I just posted a couple days ago about this little scissor jack by Black Widow. Have used it twice on the TW now and currently have one of the Beemers on it for wheel service.
Rage lists them for just over $100.00 but Discount Ramps seems to have Daily Deals on it at least once a week. About $89-$90 without the wheeled carrier.
Got tired of the milk crate & wood thing and that didn't work for any other bike I own as they are too heavy to lift up by hand.
This is simple & small. I wrote a little review about it someplace in here (below). I like it.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/22961-so-far-5.html

IMG_7467.JPG

1 - 20 of 39 Posts