TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people are under the impression that some things are meant for a purpose, and only that purpose not to fall outside of the realm of doing things that are different. My Dad, God love him, is sort of one of those people. He think's I'm nuts for riding my GSA on trails. and nuts for wanting to farkle up the TW. "It's fine how it is" he proclaims. :) Perhaps though, after introducing him to the tw200 forums and other things I've found on the interwebs his mindset on that is changing a bit. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that him and I made talk of me talking his TW home with me later this summer that we both learned of the cult following this [TW] bike has. I don't recall ever seeing or knowing of a bike like the TW that get's transformed into the many things people have done with them. Quite amazing to me, and him.
Anyhoover, I stumbled over this little gem here. Little bike - big heart. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Rainman?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed the video
1 near collision, 2 dumps (1 quickly recovered) and passed at least 4 down riders!
Kinda a tortoise and hare race, with a very determined tortoise!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was won over on one of my first "longer" rides. I was passed by a set of three guys on KTM's early in the morning. But I caught up to them when they stopped, for whatever reason. They passed me again.
Then I passed a group of four guys in various dual sports. They all gave me the thumbs up. And once again I caught up to the three on KTM's while they debated whether or not to cross the road and attempt the "hillclimb" they could see or ride on the highway around it. I told them I had made it on my XR650r before and I would on the TW again. One kind of frowned. Then I rode across the street and up and over the hill. They did climb it but at least one of them had to do it twice. I then stopped and had some water and they caught up to me again.

The oldest guy said "that thing climbed that hill like a goat!" I smiled and said it was all the bike. The younger guys, maybe his sons, didn't say much. We talked about how far I was going and he said they wouldn't have that range. I left before them and didn't see them again. I was resting and eating when a group of three showed up. It was the group of four but one had gone back somewhere around the way. They were amazed at what a good rider I was that they could see me ahead a few times but could never catch up until now.

I said that it was the bike and that neither it or I had to stop too often. They looked at the TW and said they liked the tires but that it looked too small to be comfortable to ride far. I then told them how far I had gone and they realized that I had ridden almost twice as far as them and in a shorter amount of time.

I don't know if any of those guys thought any more of the TW but I sure did. And not just because I had gotten there before them. Mostly because it was fun to ride no matter how far you go.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Reactions: littletommy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts