• You only sort of deserve it, but take it anyway

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Littletommy and the “Comfort Fund” ….

I think we all know what kind of a guy LT is, he’d give you the shirt off his back if he thought he could get away with it. We are also familiar with the “comfort fund”, that he started to help other members on here – it’s just the sort of thing that he would get up to

Well, this time, due to health reasons (as I’m sure you are also aware of), it seems he’s bitten off more than he can chew, and is struggling. He has paid for some of the “gifts” so far on his credit card, while he’s got (in round figures) 500 bucks left in his Paypal account from various people. The credit card bill (for those gifts) is likely to take half (or more) of that away, so let’s suggest that he’s now got $200 left in that Paypal account from members, with no further requests for financial help from you guys – fair enough, proud of you guys, job done

He’s also got a truck with a 12 year old battery that is refusing to start, and although he tells us “No worries, I found the problem”, with a 12 year old battery, we all know that things on borrowed time. So I’m telling him “Get yourself a new battery out of the money I just sent you”, and Tommy is “No, the fund was never meant for me”. Of all the people on this board, I cannot think of anyone more deserving than LT, the man who’s heading for Christmas, needing a new battery, and still thinking of others before himself

So, I’m thinking, take 200 bucks, buy a battery, what are you left with ? – about enough to have a decent Christmas dinner (for you and the dog), and you know he’s likely to spend most of it helping out the people in his neighbourhood anyway – but he needs some convincing – serious convincing

We stuck that money in there to begin with, so I figure we also have a say in where it goes – to the needy - and LT is about to become the needy (once he’s accepted that he really needs to buy that new battery five weeks before Christmas). So, I’m asking for your help to talk LT into this, so that we know that our brother is taken care of, but also to allow him to take care of those around him. He can’t do both without those funds, although I know he will try

“Sometimes you don’t always get what you want, but you get what you need”

This is one of those times ………

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I fear by the time the credit card bills come in and LT gets that battery there may be a negative balance. At which point i'm willing to send a little more comfort north.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree, I would love to see that this good deed goes UN-PUNISHED. I’m not asking Tommy, buy a battery and enjoy a good Christmas meal. That’s an order!

Marty

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
What am I going to do with you guys?? Gee Whiz. I'm right here, no plans of leaving anywhere yet, seriously. I tried to escape from this zoo once before. Where did that get me? Uh huh, right back here.

I feel fine, just tired. I've got nowhere to go and no other friends really. The forum has been and is all I've got, I don't know how many years it has been now, but I am thankful for them all. I have some great friends here although at a distance.

The only friend I have close by is the grumpy guy across the alley. Some of you have met him. He wouldn't be a person I would normally allow into my inner circle anyway, since if you are not filled with some measure of honesty and integrity, I'd rather pass. There are enough folks out there just waiting to take advantage of you or take advantage of your goodness, it has happened time after time to me. I have been so hurt by this in the past and wanted to grow bitter just like the grumpy one. I see what his life turned into, that's not for me if I can help it. God told me to love him with all I've got so I will just keep trying. He is the hardest soul I've ever chased after trying to drop a tiny seed of hope for him in there somewhere. Why God does this to me, I'll never know, but he seems to save the most hurt and hardest ones for me. Seriously it seems just like that. He has lead me to hard core guys like Hell's Angels, Drug addicts, Alcoholics, the Homeless and Hungry, Murderers, you name it, all kinds of people. You can't even reach these kind of people unless you have been there, done that. I have. They won't listen or even give you a chance, and will pound you to pulp to teach you a lesson for even daring to try it. Guess I will just go ahead here... I've been knocked out cold, beat up a couple times, seen my own blood spray fly through the air and I had to just stand there. I'm no Super Hero, believe me. I am a chicken, would much rather run and never put myself in such a place. But God would whisper in my ear, "Like a lamb before the slaughter, He opened not his mouth" You know, like Jesus did for us all. One time and I don't share these things lightly, a guy beat on me in a dark alley where only the worst kind of things happen in San Diego for 45 minutes, each time I hit the ground and he was bigger than me believe it or not, I just dragged my sorry A** up once more and he did it again. I think he must have finally just walked away in frustration. But if he later met the Christ I did, it's all good, all good. In Salinas, California I moved right into the very center of (with a couple of other like minded fools, haha) moved and lived mind you, smack dab in the middle of sin filled drug and prostitute filled Old Chinatown! This was a bad place, and there would be car after car lined up all night long like they were in a parade or something partaking in the wickedness especially on the weekend. Even a prostitute beat me up one night swinging her purse at me with something real heavy and hard in it (a brick) hitting me in the head, stunning me and I dropped to the ground. But listen to this!! Who did she come to banging on the door with everything she's got one time, the exact same girl, at 3am in the morning fearing her life and wanting to get to Monterey immediately. Me!!! And of course I took her the 50 mile round trip there and back home again. When she had hit me, weeks before, I was standing up and on a little old wooden Pepsi crate, on a Friday night, on the corner, preaching to the lineup of cars slowly cruising by and had no other direction to go by but by me..haha. Amazing how God works sometimes, but He always has a plan. If that girl later met Christ, job done and well well worth it. Even my own boss drove by that same night, was shocked when he saw who was on that "soapbox preaching" I saw the reaction on his face, next day he was so ashamed of himself, he couldn't look me in the face. True Fact. I Gotcha!! Well Jesus in me did, but ha ha all the same. Now if you look at me and see littletommy, I FAILED miserably, but if you see Jesus, my mission is complete, and he can touch you too, just like he did me. And look at me, I'm just a baby faced punk "Wanta Be, Wish I Was" kind of guy. I am, really. That Avatar fits me so well and it's just a kid who's mom or dad painted makeup on his face. But it's me in my heart.

Truth really be known, I'm after and have been after all of you, anybody who I could maybe get their attention from and listen even slightly. If I get a chance, even a tiny chance, I'm going to drop a tiny tiny seed of hope in your heart too, no matter what it costs me in the long run. If he can do it for me, he can do it with you. It's what I do and have become over the years and only three people know what I've been through here on this forum, one couple who I love dearly, and one gal out there somewhere, also on the forum. I stand amazed, really I do, of what God called me to do and what I've become in 50 years. I am a teacher, a preacher, an evangelist, gifted and called by God Soul-Winner for Him, so I'm not going anywhere if I can help it, I still have work to do here. So watch out, I'm sneaky, real sneaky, and if you give me a chance, I'll get you too!! What Ever the cost may be. I wish the ol "Judge" is out there somewhere and see's this. He'd understand most all of this having gone through a lot of this himself. I really admire that guy and it takes a whole lot to impress me, it does, and not many do.

And Brian, TW-Brian, don't think I didn't see what you just did because I did. You didn't have to, I'm alright bro, really I am.

OK, a question for Any Body out there. Does anyone know what the Number 1 rule is to be a part of the San Francisco Hell's Angels? I do and here it is. Don't rake and extend your bike out too too far because Choppers can be very hard to steer and the streets there are narrow and when you have to get away quick, I mean, real real quick, and the coppers are chasing you and the gang and you must get away fast, you have no time at all to have to stop the bike, push backwards with your feet, complete the turn and blast away again.

😇 < LT

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
What am I going to do with you guys?? Gee Whiz. I'm right here, no plans of leaving anywhere yet, seriously. I tried to escape from this zoo once before. Where did that get me? Uh huh, right back here.

I feel fine, just tired. I've got nowhere to go and no other friends really. The forum has been and is all I've got, I don't know how many years it has been now, but I am thankful for them all. I have some great friends here although at a distance.

The only friend I have close by is the grumpy guy across the alley. Some of you have met him. He wouldn't be a person I would normally allow into my inner circle anyway, since if you are not filled with some measure of honesty and integrity, I'd rather pass. There are enough folks out there just waiting to take advantage of you or take advantage of your goodness, it has happened time after time to me. I have been so hurt by this in the past and wanted to grow bitter just like the grumpy one. I see what his life turned into, that's not for me if I can help it. God told me to love him with all I've got so I will just keep trying. He is the hardest soul I've ever chased after trying to drop a tiny seed of hope for him in there somewhere. Why God does this to me, I'll never know, but he seems to save the most hurt and hardest ones for me. Seriously it seems just like that. He has lead me to hard core guys like Hell's Angels, Drug addicts, Alcoholics, the Homeless and Hungry, Murderers, you name it, all kinds of people. You can't even reach these kind of people unless you have been there, done that. I have. They won't listen or even give you a chance, and will pound you to pulp to teach you a lesson for even daring to try it. Guess I will just go ahead here... I've been knocked out cold, beat up a couple times, seen my own blood spray fly through the air and I had to just stand there. I'm no Super Hero, believe me. I am a chicken, would much rather run and never put myself in such a place. But God would whisper in my ear, "Like a lamb before the slaughter, He opened not his mouth" You know, like Jesus did for us all. One time and I don't share these things lightly, a guy beat on me in a dark alley where only the worst kind of things happen in San Diego for 45 minutes, each time I hit the ground and he was bigger than me believe it or not, I just dragged my sorry A** up once more and he did it again. I think he must have finally just walked away in frustration. But if he later met the Christ I did, it's all good, all good. In Salinas, California I moved right into the very center of (with a couple of other like minded fools, haha) moved and lived mind you, smack dab in the middle of sin filled drug and prostitute filled Old Chinatown! This was a bad place, and there would be car after car lined up all night long like they were in a parade or something partaking in the wickedness especially on the weekend. Even a prostitute beat me up one night swinging her purse at me with something real heavy and hard in it (a brick) hitting me in the head, stunning me and I dropped to the ground. But listen to this!! Who did she come to banging on the door with everything she's got one time, the exact same girl, at 3am in the morning fearing her life and wanting to get to Monterey immediately. Me!!! And of course I took her the 50 mile round trip there and back home again. When she had hit me, weeks before, I was standing up and on a little old wooden Pepsi crate, on a Friday night, on the corner, preaching to the lineup of cars slowly cruising by and had no other direction to go by but by me..haha. Amazing how God works sometimes, but He always has a plan. If that girl later met Christ, job done and well well worth it. Even my own boss drove by that same night, was shocked when he saw who was on that "soapbox preaching" I saw the reaction on his face, next day he was so ashamed of himself, he couldn't look me in the face. True Fact. I Gotcha!! Well Jesus in me did, but ha ha all the same. Now if you look at me and see littletommy, I FAILED miserably, but if you see Jesus, my mission is complete, and he can touch you too, just like he did me. And look at me, I'm just a baby faced punk "Wanta Be, Wish I Was" kind of guy. I am, really. That Avatar fits me so well and it's just a kid who's mom or dad painted makeup on his face. But it's me in my heart.

Truth really be known, I'm after and have been after all of you, anybody who I could maybe get their attention from and listen even slightly. If I get a chance, even a tiny chance, I'm going to drop a tiny tiny seed of hope in your heart too, no matter what it costs me in the long run. If he can do it for me, he can do it with you. It's what I do and have become over the years and only three people know what I've been through here on this forum, one couple who I love dearly, and one gal out there somewhere, also on the forum. I stand amazed, really I do, of what God called me to do and what I've become in 50 years. I am a teacher, a preacher, an evangelist, gifted and called by God Soul-Winner for Him, so I'm not going anywhere if I can help it, I still have work to do here. So watch out, I'm sneaky, real sneaky, and if you give me a chance, I'll get you too!! What Ever the cost may be. I wish the ol "Judge" is out there somewhere and see's this. He'd understand most all of this having gone through a lot of this himself. I really admire that guy and it takes a whole lot to impress me, it does, and not many do.

And Brian, TW-Brian, don't think I didn't see what you just did because I did. You didn't have to, I'm alright bro, really I am.

OK, a question for Any Body out there. Does anyone know what the Number 1 rule is to be a part of the San Francisco Hell's Angels? I do and here it is. Don't rake and extend your bike out too too far because Choppers can be very hard to steer and the streets there are narrow and when you have to get away quick, I mean, real real quick, and the coppers are chasing you and the gang and you must get away fast, you have no time at all to have to stop the bike, push backwards with your feet, complete the turn and blast away again.

< LT
Yes.

Now go buy a battery.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
The other bummer was having a spool front hub and a suicide clutch on the hill streets of San Francisco. Some use to roll back and rest the rear tire against the bumper of the vehicle behind you as a stop.
I never did this myself or belonged to any motorcycle social clubs. I just heard about it.
Yeah the suicide clutch was one of the things I knew of but forgot to mention. 👍

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
i voted he only kinda deserves it... i wanted to be the contrarian!

buy that battery already tommy, maybe a snack for the queen and donut for yourself...

be well friend.

joe band

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Littletommy and the “Comfort Fund” ….

I think we all know what kind of a guy LT is, he’d give you the shirt off his back if he thought he could get away with it. We are also familiar with the “comfort fund”, that he started to help other members on here – it’s just the sort of thing that he would get up to

Well, this time, due to health reasons (as I’m sure you are also aware of), it seems he’s bitten off more than he can chew, and is struggling. He has paid for some of the “gifts” so far on his credit card, while he’s got (in round figures) 500 bucks left in his Paypal account from various people. The credit card bill (for those gifts) is likely to take half (or more) of that away, so let’s suggest that he’s now got $200 left in that Paypal account from members, with no further requests for financial help from you guys – fair enough, proud of you guys, job done

He’s also got a truck with a 12 year old battery that is refusing to start, and although he tells us “No worries, I found the problem”, with a 12 year old battery, we all know that things on borrowed time. So I’m telling him “Get yourself a new battery out of the money I just sent you”, and Tommy is “No, the fund was never meant for me”. Of all the people on this board, I cannot think of anyone more deserving than LT, the man who’s heading for Christmas, needing a new battery, and still thinking of others before himself

So, I’m thinking, take 200 bucks, buy a battery, what are you left with ? – about enough to have a decent Christmas dinner (for you and the dog), and you know he’s likely to spend most of it helping out the people in his neighbourhood anyway – but he needs some convincing – serious convincing

View attachment 209572

We stuck that money in there to begin with, so I figure we also have a say in where it goes – to the needy - and LT is about to become the needy (once he’s accepted that he really needs to buy that new battery five weeks before Christmas). So, I’m asking for your help to talk LT into this, so that we know that our brother is taken care of, but also to allow him to take care of those around him. He can’t do both without those funds, although I know he will try

“Sometimes you don’t always get what you want, but you get what you need”

This is one of those times ………

13 Year old battery and it is a old beater 96 Plymouth van with 175,000+ miles.

And Purple dear friend and brother and valued moderator partner. I want to thank you once again publicly. Thank you for the way you handled the incident with me, you handled that so well knowing something was way wrong and so calmly it's amazing. I trust you so much, that you could have told me to stand in the middle of the highway, that I was superman and to stand in front of the first car coming and stop it and the way I felt that day, I would have trusted you enough to do it. Amazing how you handled that and calmed me down. Thank you Thank you Thank you You probably saved my life!!! I'm real grateful you were there in that moment. Who knows how that could have went. Really!!
I owe you big time. That would have been rough to have it happen to me alone. I was so out of it, I can only imagine what could have happened if you were not there.

Thank you very very much. You probably saved my life.

No one would want to wear one of my shirts, and yes I would try to give it, if needed. You would look like you were wearing one of "Omar the tent makers Tents"

I have taken off a pretty nice and warm coat once and gave to a cold alcoholic in the alley a block away on a blustery cold winters day a few years ago. I still wonder about that guy once in a while. Is he still alive, did he like that nice warm coat that I still think about once in a while. What happened to him, is he alive still or where is he now?

He told me after he had the coat on and I was starting to freeze. haha I was standing close to him talking face to face. He said Man, you have the most intense eyes. It feels like you can see deep inside and through me, I just laughed and thought. Indeed. Smiling.

Even a couple pairs of shoes over the years. But that's not much. One old pair and one pretty new pair. I hate to see someone suffer. be cold, hungry or anything. Been there done that myself at some point in life.

What really bothers me though is when I hear "Hey, Wow look at that guy, someone should help him"
Doesn't every one know, that's probably God himself telling you yourself to do it?? That saddens me, there are so many people out there that would be so grateful for just the tiniest bit of help. I'm not talking about the folks begging for change at the freeway or stop light. Those guys can make 100 bucks in 3 or 4 hours and will spend it on things they shouldn't probably be using in the first place.

I even told old Grumpy across the alley one time after watching these guys. Old Grumpy's name is really Gary. Gary we should think about doing that someday, do you know how much we could make in a month doing that? A thousand bucks? Maybe more? Match the 1200 we get on SSD each month? I did really mention it one time. Maybe we might have even considered it for a few seconds or a minute. We wouldn't have to go out and find old tattered worn out cloths, we're near that now. He really does look like that most of the time now. Me, maybe a little and only sometimes, but not that bad. I've just learned to be frugal because I have to, and I've got no woman in my life to impress. But I think we both thought about it for a second. Fortunately we both have a little pride and recognized it would not be honest or right to do, but with consistency several times a month, had we chosen to do it, could have living pretty darn good. Gary does have integrity and is pretty honest. He did make the mistake in burning me once though years ago. I forgave him, but usually for me, after that, I'm done with someone like that right then and there. I've learned a great old trick though, and every single time I try it, it works perfectly. Give the new so called new friend who wants to be in your life all the rope they need right away somehow. They will hang themselves soon enough and they do it every single time, every single time! This filters through them quickly and helps not to waste my valuable time, so I will hand them something like some cash or some thing valued and trust them with it, but mostly the cash works best. Hand them seemingly something like 3 bucks and tell them would they mind running over to the corner store real quick while I finish up this project, it's only a short block away and grabbing a soda for the 2 of us, but really I have slipped a 5 dollar bill in the middle and only acted like it was 3 singles. Every single time, so far, every single time they never mention I gave them too much accidently, they pocket the extra, come back with the cokes and never mention a word. This has probably worked 20 times over the years. Right away I know, this guy isn't worthy of my friendship, so bye bye. I may not say anything to them, but I'm just busy or whatever the next time they knock or want to come visit me. On a couple of occasions though, I have called them a liar and a thief to their face, chewed them out good and sent them a packin. Works every time, try it sometime. Yeah, I lose a couple bucks, but it could have been much more costly in the long run. This really works great, believe me.

Here's a great story...
One time as the oldest guy who ever took on a job like this at this particular place in downtown San Diego, I had to find a job, so my brother and I who was 17 years younger than I and (Young, Buff and in Great Shape and I who might have been nearing 40 or close to it and not in all that good of shape) hired on as "Pedicab" drivers. You've seen them, bike rider in front, hauling 2 or 3 folks in the back all along the boardwalk and along the San Diego Bay pointing out the sights? Yeah, those guys, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? I had a family to provide for, John just wanted party money. Anyway this one day and there are panhandlers everywhere, I listened to this sob story this guy gave me, he was real good at it too, a true artist, and it touched my heartstrings and I handed him 5 bucks in quarters (my tip money) and it had been a slow day with me really trying hard to bring home hopefully at least a 20 or more after paying for or lets say renting the bike for the day which we as Contractors all had to do regardless if you made any money that day or not. It was slow and that might have been all I had that day so far, don't remember, but I gave him 5 bucks in quarters hoping it would help his so called bad bad situation. Then, an hour or so later, me going in the opposite direction still trying so hard to hustle up customers to ride in my cab, saw this guy standing there talking to some folks, I rode a bit close behind him just out of curiosity, and heard him pitching the same fricken line he had used on me. Sheeeeet!!! I stopped right there on the spot, told the folks he was a scammer, don't give him a penny, got off the bike pissed, gave him an ass chewing up and down like a sailor, made him pull out his pockets and give me back every single quarter on the spot right then and there, I was ready and able and wanted to really punched that guy a good one had he not immediately emptied his pockets, boy was I pissed.

One time (I hope you are enjoying this) In Salinas years ago in 1974 was it? Seattle Expo/Worlds Fair?? Myself and a buddy and a couple of nice church gals had drove up along the coast (some of you know how nice that drive is) but can take more time than you might have prepared for, finally reached Seattle hoping to evangelize and look for needy folks we could help. Well, before that, one night in Salinas, someone had come to the door, needing help, we had a sign out front of the house that I had welded on a steel plate writing by welding "The Philadelphia House" meaning house of brotherly love or something like that, if you needed help, knock on the door, we would at least try to feed someone if they really were desperate. We were young working guys sharing expenses and the house on the main drag going through town making a ok income, I remember I was a journeyman welder fabricator working outside of town at the ancient, now long gone Spreckels Sugar Company in Spreckels, Ca I still remember making $3.18 cents an hour and feeling like a millionaire. Baby Sister Sue now entering nursing thought that was just outrageous for just pushing a blowtorch. uh huh right, It was the highest paying job in town at the time.
Most interesting place I ever worked, I was on a team of emergency repairmen, only 4 or 5 of us with various skills and you had to be able to do them all if needed in an emergency.
Electrician, Plumber, Pipefitter, Welder, Fitter, helper, and even make anything they needed on the spot as a machinist shop lathe operator. You had better know how to work real fast, real hard, and real cool headed under the most extreme extreme conditions in the most horrible places twisting yourself into positions the body wasn't meant to be in, doing anything needed, as fast as you could to get the job done because when something broke down it was up to you and you alone and the whole plant had stopped and was at a standstill, every foreman and boss and plant manager there breathing down your back, screaming "Are you done yet?" Are you done yet?" The company lost thousands of dollars every minute of any breakdown and this place was long ago falling apart and breaking down all the time. Well, it was daily really. Most challenging, exciting fast paced job I ever had, I loved that job and had er ahh slightly lied and totally winged it when I got that job saying yeah, no problem, no problem I can do that, and I can do this, easy, real easy, piece of cake, I'm the man for the job and I'm ready to go to work right now this minute, do you want me or not or should I look elsewhere, tell me now or I'm out of here, I've got better things to do than wait for your decision, Yes or No? I got that job on the spot they were so impressed, started the next morning wondering "what have I done now?" "Can I handle this at all?" And being the new guy, of course those old timers really gave me a whole lot of crap until I had proved myself, then they just loved me to death, I wasn't just some young buck blowhard mouthing off after all. hahaha Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

This was a huge huge place, can't even begin to describe it.
6 floors high, I think 25 feet at least each level.

Up and running with State Of The Art Technology in 1885 or something like that.

I know a couple of you have certainly seen this place, Couple
of miles outside Salinas on the river near the Monterey Highway.

This was bigger than I can even describe, and very very
dangerous when I worked there. Saw a couple guys die there,
3 actually, one guy got cut in half by the drunk train conductor.
1 fell off a scaffolding 100 feet up in the air, forgot to tie himself
off, slipped and landed 100 feet from where I was working,
Screamed all the way down and landed with a big thud.
3 guy walked into a handle that should have been taken off of
a beet slicing machine, that when running, you couldn't see,
instantly killing him, throwing parts of his body everywhere, sending blood and bits all the way to the roof at least 70 feet above. They couldn't clean it, they had to see that for years up there, me only a couple since God led me elsewhere.

Old Old worn out place by the time I arrived.

In the far distance is the overhead train trestle 125 feet in the air, an expansion bridge that was supposed to flex and adjust after they had picked up a very heavy load of lime rock and brought it into the plant to put it in the furnace, still being used, shaky, unstable, moving so much back and forth with the train moving almost falling off the track each time it was used and they paid the operator's extra just to do it, two dared. I went on it once just to see if it was really that bad, and it was, the wheels came within about an inch of not being on the track and the whole thing falling down into the rock pile 100+ feet below. It was bad, I couldn't wait for it to get back to where I could get off it, felt like it took a year. It scared me too. I'm pretty daring and a adrenaline junky, but get me off this piece of crap right flipping now. It had long ago rusted solid, no longer flexed at all and should have been torn down in 1920 or completely rebuilt. They milked that thing to death drove it as slow as it could possible go or it would fall off with the operator sweating profusely praying feverishly he'd live to go home that day, no body would work on it at all, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous then the new kid started working there, Me. I had already boasted my A** off saying I can do anything! OK, easy they must have thought, let's really see what this kid is made of (have to post out of room) finish later, much later after I go to bed in a few minutes

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
You've got an interesting history, Tommy! Have you considered writing it all down (other than on this forum)? I think the magnitude and variety of your experience could be compiled in to a book that people would like to read... and while they are reading about your adventures, they would also be receiving your message. Food for thought. ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
You've got an interesting history, Tommy! Have you considered writing it all down (other than on this forum)? I think the magnitude and variety of your experience could be compiled in to a book that people would like to read... and while they are reading about your adventures, they would also be receiving your message. Food for thought. ;)
Brother Steve, no not at all, ever. The latest things I have never shared with anyone, the getting beat up, things like that and a couple other things that I just shared. I cannot even figure out what is going on here, there must be a reason, this is bigger than me, yesterday I never stopped, worked on something here for 15 hours maybe or something near that. I went to bed around 1:30 tossed and turned all night very excited, did not sleep one second and only got up 20 minutes ago, I tore up that bed bad tossing and turning trying so sleep, but I can't so finally just gave up and got up at 7. Katy must have hated it, I just flipped from one side to the next. I am waiting on the coffee now, wide awake raring to go. It is so strange. I had Al (Smitty) on my heart last night, sent him a PM last night asking for his phone number, Got it and we'll talk later. I might seem like a blabbermouth, but really I am quiet and reserved. Since this happened about a week ago, the stroke thing, I have had one, sometimes two conversations every day with someone here. I hope they enjoyed the conversation and I hope for many more. I feel compelled. I feel sorry for the couple guys or gals here that I have talked too though. I'd think it was just a quick 20 minute thing and when done, 2 or 2 1/2 hours had gone by. I am hoping they will forgive me and talk to me again someday, but it must have been horrible, like a salesman who put his foot in the door and they can't close it, yeah just like that. O my Lord! These are some of my closest friends here too. To top that off, I feel more energized than I have in 40+ years, I don't think I am going to die at all, but moved, shaken somehow, yes. I have no ideal what's going on. But If God leads me, I always go. I just can't explain it. Not one bit. I feel compelled to just share a lot more, no idea at all why. This is bigger than me. Can't explain one bit of it. But you know me by now bro, if I feel led, I will do it, hard as it really is. Only 3 people here have ever heard some of the things I have been through, the suffering, pain and my personal cost of following Christ. And they know nothing of the stories I have just written the last day or so. My hands won't work, I should be dead beat tired. I have written more and typed more than ever in my life this week. Everything has been laid out before my eyes of what I am supposed to do now. All of a sudden, I feel like a gifted writer and/or Story teller. I've thrown out 2 or 3 things that felt inspired, long things, spent 3, 4 hours on them, truly inspired works I thought... ha ha ha really, but was sure you all would think I lost my mind. I am razor sharp minded now knowing everything I must do. This is not the normal LT at all. Why? Only He knows, I am beginning to feel. I failed English all my life, am not an educated man, a drop out in fact. It does not seem to be me writing. Do you have any idea of what's going on? I don't, that's a fact.

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Is there a doctor in the house? Can you get sharper, more focused and more energized than you have been in 40+ years from a stroke?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I like the story about slipping a 5 between 2 1's. However, there are some folks I don't want to test. My grand sons for example. I don't want to tempt them. They remain good boys until I do Satin's job, which is tempting another person to sin. No thank you!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Is there a doctor in the house? Can you get sharper, more focused and more energized than you have been in 40+ years from a stroke?
Many times a stroke results is a loss of inhibition. Results in speaking one's mind when normally they keep their pie hole shut. I worked with a guy who had a stroke. Nicest guy I knew, I thought of him as a favorite uncle. After his stroke, he was a mean somabich. Boss man had him checked out by the corporate doctors. That's when we learned his filter was no longer functioning. He said what the rest of us just think to ourselves and him too before the stroke. Maybe your filter was suppressing kindness and empathy.

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Many times a stroke results is a loss of inhibition. Results in speaking one's mind when normally they keep their pie hole shut. I worked with a guy who had a stroke. Nicest guy I knew, I thought of him as a favorite uncle. After his stroke, he was a mean somabich. Boss man had him checked out by the corporate doctors. That's when we learned his filter was no longer functioning. He said what the rest of us just think to ourselves and him too before the stroke. Maybe your filter was suppressing kindness and empathy.
I had nothing like slurring or the tilted mouth like I think we've seen like before, no after affects at all. I really don't think I am going to die at all. But am feeling like I should share very private things that I usually would never share. Somewhat inspired even and all I want to do is go faster than I ever have now. I'm tired in my eyes and didn't sleep one wink, just tossed and turned all night, finally at 7 I just gave up and got up. The actual incident really only seemed to last 30 minutes or so. I am getting better sleep and more hours in bed at a time, but still tired and enjoying going to bed. My usual is I can stay in bed between 2 to 2 1/2 hours then I must get out of bed because of pain. It will take me going to bed 3, 4 times a day to get anywhere near 8 hours. I feel better than I have felt in 40+ years.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, Tommy, take the “hint” and just rest yourself for a few weeks. It’ll keep. But right now, you don’t need the stress – and if you don’t see that stress, well, that’s exactly why you need to rest up. You may not see the sense in that at the moment, so you’re just going to have to trust me and everyone else on this one – just take it easy for a bit

It’ll all come together in due course, and certainly before Christmas, but this a time when you have to trust “us”, instead of the other way around

If I had to suggest this whole situation in one word, it would be “calm” – we’ve got your back, so stop wriggling – one day at a time …….

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
By the way Purple, I went out yesterday, grabbed a burrito at the taco shop drive through with Katy, she has way too much energy being cooped up, thought she would like to get out for 20 minutes, van started better than usual I felt. Didn't want to shut if off just in case. I had only grabbed a voltmeter and checked the surface charge, had no idea of what damage might have been done. It's 13 years old and most likely was yanked out of a junkyard, had a few chemicals added, charged a bit, and the dealer car lot just hoped it would crank when some sucker like me happened along. I may be able to milk it longer, who knows. Grumpy Gary is borrowing it today. He will just whine and whine to me endlessly if he breaks down...haha I know how to read a battery code, it is 13 years old. Milk it, or get a newer one? Me having learned how to be so frugal, Gee, I'd hate to let that one go, if it had one more crank in it. haha That TW-Brian bless his heart, pulled a fast one and put 150 in PayPal and I saw it roll in with a notice the moment he pushed the button. I said something on the forum about it, texted him this morning even, but he's playing like he can't hear and didn't do anything. hahaha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts