TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another hot one. Broke a Halloween record (86) by a full three degrees today down over here (89)! :D
Jacksonville International Airport reported 91

You?

Marty

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,078 Posts
We are complete opposites of the country. It was 22* this morning and just hit 40* it might go a couple more degrees up. I hate this time of year. Meanwhile, don't eat too much candy tonight... :p

Reactions: jeepster09 and Ken

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By tomorrow morning we are supposed to have a 40 degree spread!

Marty

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
To make the degree symbol ° hold down the ALT key and type 0176 on your number keypad (not the numbers above the QWERTYUIOP keys).

For ½ hold ALT and press 171 or 0189
For ¼ hold ALT and press 172 or 0188
For ¾ hold ALT and press 0190

https://www.alt-codes.net/

♂♀♪♫

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
-11 C here this morning, or 12 degrees in American.:rolleyes:

I'm giving out these healthy snacks tonight. salad29906170001_5629930149001_5629921741001-vs.jpg
Those should really keep the kids from coming back next year... Either that or wear my Clint Eastwood costume.:eek: .
"Stay Off My Lawn & Don't Ask For No Salad Dressing!"

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It was around 39 degrees here in Houston. It almost broke records for this time of year. The global warming has made it colder. Since I work outside I bundled up and rode the tdub to work. I'm glad I put the thinner 10w-40w in it recently for the colder weather.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We suffered thru a hot and dry summer. Trees were dying. Now we are getting a lot of rain and the temps look like 70 for a high and 40 at nite.
We have cotton in a field that the soil was too dry to plant and now it is too wet to pick.
Living back in the woods, kids don't come 'round here for Halloween. Last night it rained, so I suspect it was a bust for the Trick or Treaters. Feel sorry for the little kids who missed out.
Thanks for the ALT code link, but it does not work for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the hot key links, TWinBC!

Like RidgeRunner however, doesn't work for me either. I have the small laptop, no keypad.

Marty

·
Super Moderator
18,078 Posts
Trick or Treater's don't come in my neighborhood anymore. Some guy named littletommy keeps jacking their candy bags... :evil6:

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Actually no trick-or-treaters here, I was pulling your collective chains with the Fun Size Salad packs. We have a community harvest fest/ pumpkin patch/ costume parade instead at local school with a zillion happy kids running around and climbing on Fire Trucks and such while parents visit with their neighbors.

·
Super Moderator
18,078 Posts
I got a good laugh out of the little salad packs.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,742 Posts
Fun Size Salad packs. We have a community harvest fest/ pumpkin patch/ costume parade instead at local school with a zillion happy kids running around and climbing on Fire Trucks and such while parents visit with their neighbors.
I thought the Fun Salad Packs was very funny. Caused by climate change and grumpy dentists. (One of these observations may not be exactly right).

"community harvest fest/ pumpkin patch/ costume parade instead at local school with a zillion happy kids running around and climbing on Fire Trucks" and this thing called "trunk or treat" has drastically affected the decline in door to door trick or treating. Convenient for the lazy parents (or cautious or over cautious), probably makes the kids happy (cause they're lazy too and don't want to run around the neighborhood) but disappoints me. I used to love running around in the dark on Halloween.

...and since I'm on a roll...I think they (whoever they is) is skipping over Thanksgiving (again) and going straight to Christmas. And no, I didn't say Holiday Season, I said Christmas.

I think I got a mad on! I better chill out now, drink another cup of coffee or 10, the kind with special creamer w/% of Alcohol on the label. Helps me relax...I think.:p

It's been to cold to ride and I've got "riding DT's. Runs to the mailbox on the TW's ain't long enough.

What was this thread started about again?:D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe this sounding board is made out of the same wood as Admiral's soap box!

And I agree, Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You may be suffering from Temporary AMBROSIA! Or lack thereof if "They" do skip over Thanksgiving. But we ain't not gonna let 'm do dat!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm so confused! One day its 80. The next is 50. Nights 35. Have to wear a coat goin g to work and run the ac on the way home. Looking forward to winter. Near Charlotte NC. Btw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts