TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
you are vertical and respirating right now.... that's priority #1. :)
I was kind of teasing you bro, taking my mind off the ever increasing pain today. Doc says today, tonight and tomorrow should be the worst of it, then a tiny bit better day by day. It's going to take a while though it seems, he said they did extensive grinding and clean up on the rotator cuff, more than they thought they would have to.

Fun Fun Fun!!! ha ha ;)

Love ya bro!! :)(y)

Β·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don't be looking at any girly magazines, LT. It could prove to be a very frustrating time!
Unless of course, it is part of therapy.

How is Katie doing through all this drama?

Marty

• Haha
Reactions: Ken and littletommy

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I'll just post this too, it's from a conversation I was replying to from a brother who was wondering how I was doing and how it went:

Hi brother John, it seems successful so far, pretty good pain though now. There were a couple challenges, anesthesia and me being able to breathe, it all took a couple extra hours and three times to get the block to work. They had me up to toxic levels before it worked and I am so glad it finally did, I really needed that extra pain relief. They couldn't use any more anesthesia or I could have died. My blood pressure dropped very very low at one point and then I started having serious respiratory difficulties very quickly. That was real uncomfortable for a few minutes. I feel fine now except for the pain which is worsening. The doctor said today, tonight and tomorrow will probably be the worst of it. It's going to take a while though to heal, my shoulder needed a lot more work than they thought it would. Thanks for checking on me, I appreciate it bro!!

Reactions: Ken and Darth73

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Katy was so excited when I finally got home, she just went totally bizzerk. hahaha
She has had part of her body touching me all day. You'd think she was sleeping but O no... one eye is barely barely cracked open and she's watching my each and every move. She just loves her papa and wants to be with him. I feel the same way with her. Ain't nothing like a good dog 🐢 right bro? (y)

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
As I was sitting on the couch last night I was bleeding all down my back soaking my t-shirt and because I was numb back there still, I didn't feel it until it reached the middle of my back, so when I realized that but not being able to see my back or what was really happening I texted the petite young pretty 35 year old gal who lives upstairs and she came right down to help me and take a look. She helped me out of the sling and cleaned me all up and put on new bandages. I had no idea how many spots they had cut me on, ends up five which might be a couple more than normally done? She's texted me three or four times today checking on me. It's nice to have a friend like that, so at least I have someone that will help a little bit if needed. :)(y)

Β·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Feel better, LT! Don't forget to stay "self-medicated" now!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Ken and littletommy

Β·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
I'll just post this too, it's from a conversation I was replying to from a brother who was wondering how I was doing and how it went:

Hi brother John, it seems successful so far, pretty good pain though now. There were a couple challenges, anesthesia and me being able to breathe, it all took a couple extra hours and three times to get the block to work. They had me up to toxic levels before it worked and I am so glad it finally did, I really needed that extra pain relief. They couldn't use any more anesthesia or I could have died. My blood pressure dropped very very low at one point and then I started having serious respiratory difficulties very quickly. That was real uncomfortable for a few minutes. I feel fine now except for the pain which is worsening. The doctor said today, tonight and tomorrow will probably be the worst of it. It's going to take a while though to heal, my shoulder needed a lot more work than they thought it would. Thanks for checking on me, I appreciate it bro!!
I was so popular after my "same-day outpatient" shoulder surgery, they decided to keep me overnight. ...and this was the day before Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was my shoulder being repaired and going home...on T-Day for no meal or mingling with the tribe. Straight to bed, errrr, chair, and slept if off. haha.
Glad it's working out so far and that Katy still likes you! :)
Cartoon Organism Carnivore Felidae Painting

Be glad this dog isn't Katy and you are not the Jack-in-the-Box puppet! hehe

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Thanks for letting us know SanDue.

Anybody got LTs address? If so can you hit me up with a private message?
Gee brother Blake, I hope someone answered this :LOL: if not, I'll send it right away!!! :ROFLMAO: ha ha ha

Reactions: CJ7Pilot

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I was so popular after my "same-day outpatient" shoulder surgery, they decided to keep me overnight. ...and this was the day before Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was my shoulder being repaired and going home...on T-Day for no meal or mingling with the tribe. Straight to bed, errrr, chair, and slept if off. haha.
Glad it's working out so far and that Katy still likes you! :)
View attachment 219929

Be glad this dog isn't Katy and you are not the Jack-in-the-Box puppet! hehe
Were you able to get good rest throughout your recovery?
Its still pretty rough here and I'm really struggling to get any sleep at all. I got three hours the night before surgery and I have a total of about eleven at this point I just can't sleep. Yesterday I was trying and I made it 45 minutes until a very sharp pain woke me up and made me sit up right in the chair and I swung my arm out like I was swatting a fly or returning a backhand tennis ball across the court Oh that hurt bad. And since that moment I can feel my bicep muscle hurting pretty good right at the elbow joint it has me wondering if I tore something...

Β·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Were you able to get good rest throughout your recovery?
Its still pretty rough here and I'm really struggling to get any sleep at all. I got three hours the night before surgery and I have a total of about eleven at this point I just can't sleep. Yesterday I was trying and I made it 45 minutes until a very sharp pain woke me up and made me sit up right in the chair and I swung my arm out like I was swatting a fly or returning a backhand tennis ball across the court Oh that hurt bad. And since that moment I can feel my bicep muscle hurting pretty good right at the elbow joint it has me wondering if I tore something...
I was fairly uncomfortable the first 3-4 days. After that sleeping in a chair or even on my back (no rolling) isn't comfortable at any time. Eventually, I started rolling onto my good side and supported my upper body with pillows. I hated the sling but it's a necessary evil. Sounds like you're going through what I and everyone who had shoulder surgery have to go through.

Reactions: littletommy

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I sure wish I hadn't swung that arm out so abruptly though, it was just automatic as I was instantly woke up with pain. It hurts pretty good right now at that bicep muscle point. It really has me wondering if I tore something.

Β·
Registered
3,043 Posts

Β·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I sure wish I hadn't swung that arm out so abruptly though, it was just automatic as I was instantly woke up with pain. It hurts pretty good right now at that bicep muscle point. It really has me wondering if I tore something.
If you have insurance, look on the back of the card for the 24/7 nurse phone number. When I do stuff like you, I call and discuss. They have access to resources we don't. Usually they will call the doc, surgeon or, in this case being it's Sunday, the on-call doc. They are very good at getting you a phone call diagnosis and advice on what to do or where to go if you do need to have it checked before Monday.
If you did reinjure it, won't matter if you are seen now or later other than the current pain. The 24/7 nurse may be able to get you better pain relief than you currently have as well. Better living through chemistry I always say. Good luck and let us know if you call what they tell you.

Β·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I'm waiting to see how the day progresses.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts