TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I'm waiting to see how the day progresses.
Don't be a hero. Self-medicate early and often. I am a fan of anything in my hot chocolate. And warm gingersnap cookies. Hell, I feel better just thinking about that!

Costco has their brand of Irish Cream on sale for $10 a bottle. Just sayin'...

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Just spoke with Littletommy and he sounds in good spirits.... hopefully worst is over and he'll be healing bit by bit each day. Maybe even riding with little Katy next spring.....

View attachment 219957
You are a good friend Dette, I just love you to pieces. You are a real class act and someone I really admire and respect. I've really enjoyed our friendship over the years too.

Dette pulled a fast one on me today, bless her sweet little heart. Instacart rang my bell today because my sweet friend Dette had ordered lunch for me from a local place here and had it delivered... That was so very thoughtful and it touched my heart deeply. Good friends can be hard to find now days. What a blessing you've been to me.

Now do us all a favor will you? Log on more often, we all love you here. 😁

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Progress Report

Yep starting to feel better today!! It's going to be a long haul perhaps, but I definitely feel better...

Thanks every one for the love, prayers, posts and your friendship!! You guy's and gals are the best!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Now do us all a favor will you? Log on more often, we all love you here. 😁
I do need to get back to the forum; life lead me down a different path for a few years. I have missed connecting with the fine members of this forum and I need to get out on some beautiful forest service roads again next season. Who knows, one of these days I may make it to Moab..... retirement in about a year and a half will allow time for that dream.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I do need to get back to the forum; life lead me down a different path for a few years. I have missed connecting with the fine members of this forum and I need to get out on some beautiful forest service roads again next season. Who knows, one of these days I may make it to Moab..... retirement in about a year and a half will allow time for that dream.
Glad to have you back

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm glad you are starting to improve.
Some people assume, or hope, that recovery will be a straight and progressive line each day. In reality, there will be many ups and downs, some good days and some that make you think you are going backwards. Don't get discouraged during the backwards days, because you will still be making progress overall.
Some of my patients want me to measure there progress every visit, but I never will because sometimes it goes backwards for a couple of days. After knee replacements I will measure 1/week at most, after shoulder surgery I try to only measure 1/month, maybe every other week if they are doing amazing.

Hang in there.

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Some people assume, or hope, that recovery will be a straight and progressive line each day. In reality, there will be many ups and downs, some good days and some that make you think you are going backwards. Don't get discouraged during the backwards days, because you will still be making progress overall.
Some of my patients want me to measure there progress every visit, but I never will because sometimes it goes backwards for a couple of days. After knee replacements I will measure 1/week at most, after shoulder surgery I try to only measure 1/month, maybe every other week if they are doing amazing.

Hang in there.
I started my shoulder rehab in January of 19. I was highly motivated as Moab 19 was coming up, late March if I recall. My rehab doctor/staff was very impressed with my progress. They always mentioned my progress was always far in advance of most everyone else going through the same thing. Moab riding will do that! :)

To be fair, my should wasn't 100% recovered by that Moab and was still a tad weak but good enough. Didn't even need ibuprofen after every ride either!

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
What I have found so far is that it's pretty much like they said, the two days after the surgery are the worst and then it starts to get a little better. Yesterday I was able to make it into the late afternoon without any painkillers but then it started to hit me and I quickly wore down. I noticed I was a little shaky and a little weak when I was on my feet but other than that it's not as bad as I thought it would be overall. I'm one of those persons who over worry about everything, I'll probably always be like that. Remarkably though I feel pretty good again this morning and don't intend to take any painkillers today until I need to. All the cuts look pretty good with no signs of infection and I go Friday to the hospital and they'll check that stuff as well. All in all so far I'm very pleased with how everything has gone. Like I said I did have to take some pain meds late after noon yesterday and I did take some when I went to sit in my chair and get some sleep and even that is getting better. I made it three hours then got up for a while in the middle of the night and then I got another two hours and that's better than I have done so far any other day. I really want to thank everyone for their comments and advice and love.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
If you clicked on it it was donuts being glazed...
And I do like a good glazed donut!!
;)

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Take your time and heal - or we'll have katy nip your arse .....
No doubt she's the boss of the house. With all my knowledge of Chihuahuas over the years and knowing this would be my last one I wanted to combine all that knowledge and create a super Chihuahua, I was able to accomplish that only she ended up a super spoiled Chihuahua!!! :ROFLMAO:
I sure do love her though she's really a very special and smart dog. She knows everything I say and I talk to her all day long, she communicates by blinking and we understand each other perfectly. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts

Hang in there.
I see what you mean brother Tyler, yesterday I got along fairly easily and today I've had to take a painkiller which has done very little to help. At least I'm able to get a couple naps now and then, that feels good.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I had a surprise today show up at the house. A beautiful Autumn decorated gift box with some really nice goodies in it from Loghousenut (Ron) and the basket lady (Shari).
There is fresh fruit in it as well as dried fruit, cookies, nuts, some wonderful caramels ( which we got into right away Haha), some trail mix, popcorn and chocolates, etc. It also came with a lovely coffee cup, and what looks to be a hand carved beautiful little wooden serving dish. There was even a beautiful little framed picture in there!! It all came beautifully packaged in a lovely rectangular basket wrapped so nicely.
And guess what... There's even a box of donuts in there!! Yee Haw!!! (there is a rumor going around that I like donuts) ha ha ha
That was so very thoughtful and kind of you Ron and Shari. I am blessed by that gesture and humbled as well. I feel the love!! Thank you so so much for this beautiful and loving gesture, it will not be forgotten ever.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I also received the other day but hadn't felt well enough yet to respond to it, a wonderful little box of homemade goodies from SanDue (Dan and Sue)
Now if you have ever tasted some of those wonderful creations that Sue seems to so effortlessly whip up in her kitchen, you'll understand... That Girls Got It Going On and what a Cook and Baker she is!! Yum Yum Yummy!!
Thank you Dan and Sue from the bottom of my tummy and heart!! You guys are the best!! Thank you so so much and you know I love you tremendously!! This too shall never be forgotten...

p.s. Sue, I still have a little piece left of that wonderful wonderful bread. That truly is one of the most flavorful and delicious things you've ever sent me!! So save that recipe it's a keeper!!

Love,
tommy

Reactions: SanDue and dette

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Another package came today from TWBigBlake. Wow, you guy's are too much. I haven't opened it yet and got into the goodies since I'm still working on Loghousenut and the Basket Lady's. It looks to be filled with crackers, cookies, chocolates, yummy looking olives and other such things.
Thanks brother Blake!! I feel the love!! All you folks have touched my heart deeply. I won't forget this either... 😁

61 - 80 of 95 Posts