TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tough and tearful post for me and I'm sure for many of you as you read this. Russ got sick about a month ago. He went to the hospital to check things out, they thought it was pneumonia and kept him overnight. The tests came back as stage 4 cancer. It is in his lungs, spine, and liver. He went home today December 16 with hospice to manage his pain. He can't keep food down, has not eaten for over a week and his digestive system has shut down. I love Russ as a brother, friend, mentor. Please do not call them as they are grieving this process.

Ronnydog

·
Super Moderator
17,649 Posts
I had been wondering where he was lately. This is sad news, I have nothing but respect for Russ. He has added so so much to this forum and shared so freely his knowledge. What a wonderful man he is.

*a little prayer.
Dear Lord Jesus, be with Russ and his family right now. Comfort them in the Spirit, surround them with Your Angels and be with them in this time. Heal him right now, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Hang in there Russ, we love you brother.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
My heart is heavy hearing this news and my prayers are with Russ and his family. I've only had the pleasure of meeting him once and he made me feel like a long time friend. The few phone conversations we had were always memorable and often more than an hour and yet he never gave me the feeling that he didn't enjoy every minute sharing stories with me. He had lots of patience with all my stupid oil cooler questions and went out of his way to meet me so I could buy one and then shared much of his experience with the coolers. It was a high wind day in the Cali hi desert and I remember a $20 bill got blown away in the wind and I swear he somehow was able to see where it went and ran about 200 yards around buildings and out into the tundra and caught it leaving me in the dust! It surprises me to think he was not in great health because he could run circles around me. Those of you that know Russ please keep me posted if there is anything I can do to help Russ and his family.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't post much on this forum, but I read it A LOT! Every time I have some type of question, or need some info I search for it here. It almost never fails, that what ever I'm looking for Lizrdbrth has already answered it. I'm very sorry to hear this. My prayers for him and his family.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Thanks for leaving the message Ronnydog..... Enjoyed talking to Russ on the phone a couple of times. He seemed to be someone you would enjoy sitting around a campfire with and chatting about how the planet turned.

Hard to imagine so much sadness can move into one's life in a week or two, but then, it only takes a heartbeat.

Russ really made this forum work for everyone; wit, wisdom, personal insight and a respect for all.

Not sure this will be your last 'Iron Butt' adventure Russ, but certainly the most challenging. Take care my FRIEND........

Purple, the toughest part is your's. Love and memories are truly forever..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I missed meeting Russ by about a week en route to Mexico. He complained by phone that he wasn't feeling so great: "had a virus". One great guy, great friend, a brother I never got to kick around with. We'll miss him no end. Condolences to all. Ronnydog, thanks for the timely post. -- Roy

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I only had the opportunity to meet Russ and Purple one time. What a solid, real and down to earth person he is. He was willing to share every last bit of his knowledge with anyone he thought it would benefit. I will feel deprived by not having his greatness available.
I for one will certainly will be praying for their blessing in these hard times.
Mel

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
damn. just this morning i checked on his profile to see when was the last time he had checked in.... i was hoping he and purple were off on some adventure. all my best to russ and purple, as stated he is the heart and brains of this forum.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sad, sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Russ and Purple, and their family and friends. If it's his time to go, I hope he doesn't have to suffer more than necessary. Russ has been a good friend to many on this forum. His post count is evidence of his willingness to share his insight, expertise, and friendship. The Lizrdcooler is another example of his selflessness. I doubt he made much money with them; I'm sure they were offered more as a service to us.

Thanks for letting us know, Ronnydog. Hang in there, and if you get a chance to share our love and concern, please do so. Same for you Greenalder.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts