TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sad sad news. Russ was a huge help to me when I got my TW. He is a great riding partner, content to go at whatever slow pace others wanted. A great conversationalist too!, I wish we had gone on even more rides and that overland trip up to Nevada that we talked about but were waiting for warmer weather to do.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
This is so sad. He is such a stand up human being. I feel VERY lucky to have corresponded, chatted, spoken to and met Russ in person. On a whim, he was at a family event the week of Valentine's day last year and it turned out to be mere blocks away from my house. We spend the better part of the entire day together laughing, wrenching and enjoying each other's time. Plus, I was lucky enough to meet his beautiful bride Purple.

He will always be our Senior Member here. Thinking of you and the good times Russ. russ n brock 2-16-13.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
his words and knowledge will be with us for a long time. All my best to him and the family

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are no words to express my heartache at this time for Russ and Gina... While I haven't posted much here I ALWAYS lurk and see Russ's posts. He truly is MR. TDUB in my book. Gina has created a place where she can post news and people can post their love and memories for and to Russ. Go here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/russellaustin You have to "join" to participate but it is good. I just posted some pics of one of my last rides with Russ on my FaceBook page. Here is that link: https://www.facebook.com/JS5owner/media_set?set=a.10201538764925794.1073741846.1077186295&type=3

I got to see Russ with Ronnydog today and I must say that he was staring straight into the eyes of the dragon and was strong... not one to back down from any challenge. Dear Lord, hold our brother tight in your grip of GRACE as he rides into your arms. Grant Gina the courage and strength to be by his side... Amen. Jeff (aka JS5Owner)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I cant believe I hadnt seen this post till now. Russ is the biggest inspiration of knowledge on this forum to alot of us fellow inmates. If you dont come back you will be truly missed by all of us. I want to say thanks for all of your knowledge and great ideas and answering our many questions. I will put out a prayer for you.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Cherish the moments you have with him. When qwerty left Lzrdbrth took his place as the "leader" on this forum and I will always be thankful for him and his knowledge and advice he has shared. This has to be the hardest time for Purple and I hope she stays strong for the both of them.

Please keep us informed on his condition.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh Wow, Great Pic Brock! Thanks for sharing. Russ is an amazing man! . Ronny was talking with me the other day RE: Russ and said "How much is a good friend worth?" He was making more of a statement than a question. Then he said "You don't just go out and pick a new friend like Russ....or Gina" I got what Ron was saying.. Friends Real-Friends are a labor of love ,Time, Patients, they are an investment of our precious time and after a wile they become precious to us and it hurts hard when we see them suffer or even worse loose one.. Ron was grieving ,I could tell, I was too! Russ is an amazing man! The first time I met him was back in the 1990s and I saw this man riding a horse with another pack horse in tow down my street here in Bonita, CA. I had a brief conversation with this stranger and discovered he was coming from the East Coast and had ridden across the entire USA and was scheduled to touch the pacific coast at the boarder of Mexico and California by sun down! Sheesh!
I remember sitting down with him years later at a TW camp and hearing one of his many amazing stories and as he recalled the details of his final days journey through California I realized the man in front of me was the same stranger I met way back in the nineties. Wow Small World! I am grieving not only for Russ and Gina but for my friend Ronny, Jeff and all of you who know Russ, The Real "The Most Amazing Man in the World" Russ was humble and was a good listener as well as an adventurer. We talked with each other about running our little TW businesses and how to take care of our customers and remain sane at the same time.
Oh what grief!
God Bless You Russ and Gina,
And my friends on the forum.
Ride Well!
Jimbo C.

·
Registered
308 Posts
image.jpg Russ on the last ride I took with him...

·
Registered
308 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg I love these shots of our friend.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Although we have many knowledgeable members, there have only been a few as good as Russ (Ronnydog-you too). But, some others like to one up or make us feel inferior. No matter what the topic, improvement, repair or question, Russ has always made that person feel good. Even if it was the silliest question he'd ever heard. He was cut from rare mold that always brings the best out of us.

If you have been lucky enough to meet/ride etc. with Russ and have photos to share, let's either start a new post or on the well wishes link (I am not sure we are able to post pics there. I think he deserves to have some fun stories and pictures shared. He earned it a long time ago.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, no..
I am sporadically active here and haven't posted much, but usually there would be a gem of wisdom or encouragement from this great man in the replies to most posts.

The knowledge you have shared with us all is greatly appreciated and will continue to enlighten through the legacy of your writings here.

Thank you and rest easy.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

i don't put stickers on my bike, but this will be an exception.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts